Thread: Looking for 13 inch 8 lug snare side hoop

User Info Menu

Default Looking for 13 inch 8 lug snare side hoop

Needs to have a snare gate or manufacturer cut out for parallel snare throw.(Fibes SFT 690)
    No die cast as they are too thick and interfere with butt plate seating.
    Any idea where to source?
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Default Re: Looking for 13 inch 8 lug snare side hoop

Does the parallel requires a different hoop than a regular snare? I get most of that stuff from Drumfactorydirect
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

DSC00643.jpg

Looking for this type of snare gate on a 13"
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

Hmm. I can see where that could be a challenge. Might have to make your own by cutting the "bridge" off a standard snare hoop. Using a triple flange may make it too weak, so I could see where a cast flange would be desirable.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I have a open gated cast 13 all ready,but it interferes with the seating of the Fibes butt plate because of it's thickness.