Thread: Mapex MPX Maple Snare

User Info Menu

Default Mapex MPX Maple Snare

I have been on the lookout for a deep snare. Found one to try, and it came in today. 8X14 Mapex. Yep, thats right, 8 inches deep. 10 lug. What a cannon! The only thing I did was put on a Remo Ambassador Coated batter head. tuned it up, and BAM!

All for $90.00!

Great finish, Transparent Black. If you give it a close look, you can see the wood grain. Matches my Meridian Maples well.

If you are picky about the finish choices, you might not be happy, because there are only 2, but if you are all about the sound, like I am, you will be surprised and pleased.

It's a great addition to my small collection of snares. Going to try and get some pics for you all when I get some time off work.
    "You can never legislate stupidity, because there is no power in this world that can prevent it."-My Dad after watching his golf partner trying to hit a ball through a grove of trees.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex MPX Maple Snare

that's a steal of a deal!!
    I love my 14x8

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex MPX Maple Snare

Please post a photo................your transparent black sounds like the old conventional Gretsch version of "Ebony Maple".
    I bought my USA Ebony shells in '77 and late8 bought his a few years ago...............a popular and beautiful finish.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)