Thread: Bout Time

User Info Menu

Default Bout Time

Well the title says it all. It's about time. Have a good little project going on with a couple of friends of mine. Both are in another band together but were wanting to do a three piece on the side. I have known the singer/guitarist for over 35 years. We both went to high school together in another part of the state. We also played in a band together in high school as well. The singers girlfriend said it was about time we started a band together so we dropped the A and there you have it. Been rehearsing for a little over two months and are about to take it to the people. Doing a 3 piece is really challenging. Im now having to sing backups and "fill it up" a little more than normal. During guitar solos the bass player and I have to carry the load so to speak. It's gonna be fun and challenging but at least Im moving forward. Thanks to all of you who pushed me to keep playing when I was about ready to give it up. These guys have renewed my drive and focus.
    Last edited by Dawgkikker; 02-28-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

Default Re: Bout Time

Fantastic news. Go get'm.

My first gig in over 4 years is 'bout to happen this weekend.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new project. Have fun. Pics and vids required.

User Info Menu

Nice! Gotta love the beginning of a new project. Everyone's excited and hopefully full of great ideas!

User Info Menu

Looks like May 26th will be our debut. We have a 39 song setlist with everything from Cream/Clapton to Poison. Small neighborhood venue but were getting a lot of response on our Facebook page so hopefully we can pack em in. And leave it to me to book our first gig on me and my wifes 27th anniversary.
    Dave

RIP my friend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgkikker View Post
    Looks like May 26th will be our debut. We have a 39 song setlist with everything from Cream/Clapton to Poison. Small neighborhood venue but were getting a lot of response on our Facebook page so hopefully we can pack em in. And leave it to me to book our first gig on me and my wifes 27th anniversary.
    Good thing it's your 27th and not your 3rd.

User Info Menu

Good luck with your up and coming debut.

The more I think about it, the more I really like the name.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

First show was a success ! Had a few technical issues but nothing terrible. Had a decent crowd for a Friday night. Got a lot of good compliments as well. Song selection and the tightness of being a three piece were the two ww heard the most. Unfortunately we didnt get any video. Doh ! Ending the show with Comfortably Numb was my highlight of the night. We're gonna take a small break over the next month. The two guys I play with have a main project and I Will be filling in for their drummer on 3 of the shows. Good times !
    Dave

RIP my friend