Thread: Drum hacks

User Info Menu

Default Drum hacks

So I was wondering what drums hacks you guys use. It could be any clever little trick to protect gear or save money or whatever

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum hacks

I use clamp-on boom arms and cymbal stackers whenever I can. Cuts down on stage space & weight in the hardware bag. I also switched to a Gibraltar quick-release hi-hat clutch. Next will be the quick-change cymbal wing nuts and memory locks on anything I can. Always looking for any way to be more compact, lighter and quicker to set-up/tear down.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I hire a team of midgets to load in and load out. It's entertaining and someone else always wants to help!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I hire a team of midgets to load in and load out. It's entertaining and someone else always wants to help!
    25,000 comedians out of work and and you're still auditioning.

And they're "little people" now. Midget was thrown in the 'politically incorrect / offensive' trash can with the word retarded and stewdardess (Not to be confused with retarded stewardesses).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    25,000 comedians out of work and and you're still auditioning.

And they're "little people" now. Midget was thrown in the 'politically incorrect / offensive' trash can with the word retarded and stewdardess (Not to be confused with retarded stewardesses).

Okay, okay. I have a team of vertically challenged humans who are shorter than my floor tom who load in and load out for me! :D
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Ha! Maybe I'll try this

User Info Menu

Okay, okay. I have a team of vertically challenged humans who are shorter than my floor tom who load in and load out for me! :D
    I bet they also make cookies and live in a tree! LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

I've been using fabric snare straps for a few years now. The ones I have now came from my mom's sewing room
    No problems with them. Got fed up with the useless too short plastic straps that come with any set of wires.
    Last edited by slinky; 03-10-2017 at 12:39 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    I bet they also make cookies and live in a tree! LOL

all the best...
    One time when I was in a bar in Houston, I paid $20 to throw them at bowling pins. They wore little black leather suits with helmets and handles sewn on their back.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I have one of these in my accessory case. It's a drink holder attachment for baby strollers. I attach it to my hi-hat stand for my between-songs-beverage-hydration, which is usually Shiner Bock. Works perfect.

image.jpg

User Info Menu

^That's a nice idea

User Info Menu

Yep, that's a great idea. Much more practical than the setup I use...
    IMG_0811.JPG
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Water bottle holder off of my road bike and a plastic pocket knife case attached to an LP percussion bracket to hold my LP shaker. I was tired of reaching for it on the floor where it lived next to my hihat stand. I almost stepped on it once on a dark stage.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yep, that's a great idea. Much more practical than the setup I use...
    IMG_0811.JPG
    Ha-ha!

User Info Menu

swirly-drink-holder1.jpg

I use this one. I like it 'cause there's nothing to fasten, you just throw it on there!