Thread: Value on used DTS tuning systems?

User Info Menu

Question Value on used DTS tuning systems?

I recently bought a kit that had these DTS "one touch" Tuning systems installed on the 10" and 14" drums (batter and resonant heads) They were not really my cup of tea. I saw online where they went for about $35 retail per system, I have 4 two 10" and two 12". Any idea how much I should ask for these? Will they do better on Ebay than Reverb or Craigslist? - CCD

Cut it large and kick it into place!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Value on used DTS tuning systems?

I've never heard of DTS tuning. As I looked at the pics you posted, it looks as though there's some wiring involved and senors to be attached?

User Info Menu

there's a little chrome plated wedge that slips under each tension rod, then the cable (attached to the master bracket) slips over the wedges. Turning one nut on the master bracket tensions the cable which presses the wedges in and tightens the tension rods against the rim evenly. Once you get the hang of it you can evenly tension the heads up or down to your liking. I can see where in a studio setting or variety band you might want this flexibility. There's a video on You Tube:

User Info Menu

This is a new one for me too .
    My guess would be to list it on all three . And then be prepared to sit on it for a while . Maybe attach a link to this video in your sales post so they know what it does ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jedi View Post
    This is a new one for me too .
    My guess would be to list it on all three . And then be prepared to sit on it for a while . Maybe attach a link to this video in your sales post so they know what it does ...
    That was pretty interesting to watch but how often does one need to change tuning on the fly? I'll tune my kit to the room environment before we start the first set and if I hear a tom going sharp or flat I'll tweek just one lug to get it back to where my ears are happy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    That was pretty interesting to watch but how often does one need to change tuning on the fly? I'll tune my kit to the room environment before we start the first set and if I hear a tom going sharp or flat I'll tweek just one lug to get it back to where my ears are happy.
    Yes, this is why I am selling them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CollinCo.Drummer View Post
    Yes, this is why I am selling them!
    They have been out for awhile and I thought they were kinda weird.