Thread: Roy Mayorga's dw kit

User Info Menu

Default Roy Mayorga's dw kit

Last edited by negativeattitude; 09-20-2011 at 11:53 AM.

User Info Menu

Dude, that set is rad.
    Ugh I know that album cover on the bass from somewhere! I just can't remember who's it was! I wanna say Disturbed, but I doubt it's right.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

It's one of Stone Sour's album covers.....

User Info Menu

Oh yea, Stone Sour...
    I had seen him using the black ice set at Family Values last year I believe.

User Info Menu

Man that kit is SICK

User Info Menu

wow.. id kill for a kit like that. the brass... or gold rims really stand out

User Info Menu

I'm having drum envy at the moment. Blessings.......

User Info Menu

I love the look of the gold hardware on that kit and Niel Pearts (SP) but I wonder how it holds up over time. I wonder if handling it every night like they do if at the end of a tour it really looks worn? from my experience with gold plating, it really doesn't hold up all that well. I guess it really doesn't matter when you are playing at their level you get a new kit every tour anyway.

User Info Menu

I'm sure there's some way or product that keeps the gold shining. I highly doubt Neil would pay forty grand every time he plays a show lol... But you can never be too sure.

User Info Menu

i have gold plated hardware on my guitar............yah
    it doesnt last
    but i looks cool worn
    very vintage feel
    and you can be like
    yah..............i actually play it =]

User Info Menu

Sick kit and I love the bass reso's. I'd hit that....:D
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

User Info Menu

I would be willing to bet that Neil doesn't pay a dime for a kit that he endorses. I would also bet DW pays him to endorse them. Because if they didn't there would be every other name brand drum company courting him to endorse their stuff. I am sure the sky is the limit as far as what DW is willing to do for him, I mean after all it's Neil....

User Info Menu

Well then perhaps they don't pay him, but never the less he gets a new kit for every tour! I wonder how many endorsment offers he gets in a year though. And how much they are willing to sweeten the deal for his interest in their product. As i reread your post I thought that the normal endorsers perhaps don't get paid for their endorsment. But we are talking about arguably one of the most famous drummers alive right now. His name on an endorsment means huge revenues for DW. It is simple economics. I don't know, I am probably talking out of the side of my mouth but I still think it is only reasonable to speculate he is being compensated in some way.

User Info Menu

Niel also has a team of people who do nothing but keep his kit in tip-top shape, set up and break down for him. Can you imagine, your full time job to be polishing some other dudes cymbals!?
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kryshah View Post
    Niel also has a team of people who do nothing but keep his kit in tip-top shape, set up and break down for him. Can you imagine, your full time job to be polishing some other dudes cymbals!?
    Ya it's not a bad gig. I have an acquaintance that I found out not long ago that he's now the tech for Terry Bozzio. I don't think I'd want that gig, unless I'm getting paid really really well. Damn that's just too much stuff to set up. Blessings......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by middleman View Post
    Ya it's not a bad gig. I have an acquaintance that I found out not long ago that he's now the tech for Terry Bozzio. I don't think I'd want that gig, unless I'm getting paid really really well. Damn that's just too much stuff to set up. Blessings......

no doubt, especially with Bozzio's setup! It would be cool if you also got to "sound test" the kit once it was setup though!
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

i really like roy's floor toms, that one looks like a bass drum. any idea what size they are ?

User Info Menu

It appears to be a 20" with maple hoops. It is probably a 20" virgin base drum fitted with floor tom hardware.