Thread: SPD30 Wood Snare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default SPD30 Wood Snare

Today we were playing at a high school and after, some students came up to check things out, as usual.
    One student said to me, "What kind of snare is that?"
    I responded to explain that it's a DW Performance snare, but its stuffed and triggered, as I hit it with the sound off.
    He said, "Sounds great!"
    So that brings me to my point
    Does anyone have any idea what snare was sampled for the "Wood Snare" in the SPD30? It seems to be a real hit with my group and the audience. Our singer loves the sounds and that there is no what he describes as "heaviness" coming for the back of the stage.
    I know this stuff is old hat for most of you here, but for me using samples and electronics as a primary source is completely new and exciting. I seem to always be experiencing and discovering new things with music again. It is a great feeling.
    DW, Zildjian, Vic Firth, Remo
    http://www.reverbnation.com/jonpnorris

User Info Menu

Default Re: SPD30 Wood Snare

It's new to me. I thought SPD30 was sunscreen. I was curious to find out why you're putting sunscreen on your snare, LOL
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: SPD30 Wood Snare

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    It's new to me. I thought SPD30 was sunscreen. I was curious to find out why you're putting sunscreen on your snare, LOL
    OMG I just busted out laughing here at work to that one!! That's hilarious.