Thread: My band having fun

User Info Menu

Default My band having fun

Just want to see how this video posting works from a FB link.....
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&ref=bookmarks

Guess it works. Not as slick as YouTube. Anyway....

From a few weeks back. This was at the end of the night, after most people had went home. Most of the night it's standing room only with no place to dance. The remaining people pushed all the tables out of the way to make dancing room. We had a total blast. You can hear everyone hooting and hollering. What you can't see in the beginning is the "hoe-down" style line dancing they were doing. They were taking turns dancing down the length of the bar doing the Hillbilly Stomp like Jed Clampet, LOL.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 04-08-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: My band having fun

Here's another from the same night. Not one of our best performances, but still fun, none the less

And this was from a year ago. Same place, first gig (and first song) there.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 04-08-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Having fun is the reason to do it, right?

User Info Menu

I agree that looks like a lot of fun and good vibes which is why we do it. Rock on bud YeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Having fun is the reason to do it, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I agree that looks like a lot of fun and good vibes which is why we do it. Rock on bud YeeeeeeeHaaaaaa
    Yep, fun is pretty much the only reason we do it. And the free beer (usually). Definitely not the money or the chics. You can tell that from seeing & hearing us, LOL. We're all good friends and it's basically our "Boys night out with our toys". It's our time to blow off stress and keep life in check.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

I wanted to watch them, but it seems that you can't unless you belong to FB.

That isn't going to happen.

User Info Menu

Good vids Brian, and it looks cramped, but fun!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    I wanted to watch them, but it seems that you can't unless you belong to FB.

That isn't going to happen.
    You're not missing much Rick. FB is a time suck.
    Last edited by inthpktplayer; 04-10-2017 at 10:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Those were awesome Brian, thanks for sharing. I really like y'alls choice in music too!

Tex

User Info Menu

Yep.

User Info Menu

Yeeeeeeeeeeeehaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww

What a blast!!! Thanks for posting!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yep. If it wasn't for the band page, I wouldn't do it. It DOES however, prove to be a valuable tool when it comes to promoting band(s). Almost impossible to gig around here without a FB page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Those were awesome Brian, thanks for sharing. I really like y'alls choice in music too!

Tex
    Thanks! We basically just play stuff we like that no one else around here does. Half of our show is actually Chicago style Blues and Rock, but covering multiple genres allows us to fit in different venues....as long as we read the crowd. Trying to work up more stuff like Waylon, David Allen Coe, Bobby Bare, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Asleep at the Wheel, as well as more Southern Rock/Blues. We've done AC/DC, Hendrix and Zep on occasion as well. Nothing is off limits, LOL.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Looked and sounded like you guys had a grand ol' time! Thanks for sharing!