Thread: Tama Iron Cobra 600 Single Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Tama Iron Cobra 600 Single Pedal

So I decided to treat myself and pick one of these up after selling some other stuff. I mostly use my old Tama/Camco pedal a la 1985, although I have a Mapex pedal I got as part of a package which I don't love (can't ever get the feel the way I want it).

Anyway, right out of the box I really like the IC 600. It's very smooth, very light feeling, and MUCH easier to play than my other pedals, particularly heel down.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tama Iron Cobra 600 Single Pedal

I just picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. Great feel, good power, and a great price!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Congrats on the IC. I've been a Tama pedal player since 1980 or so. I think all of them I've had were good. Camco, Pro-twin, IC 900 (which I still have) IC Jr.Dbl. , and the Speed Cobra Dbl. which I use the most. They all nice pedals.

User Info Menu

I'm contemplating getting speed cobras or iron cobras in the next little while. What are the main differences between the 600 and the regular ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I'm contemplating getting speed cobras or iron cobras in the next little while. What are the main differences between the 600 and the regular ones?
    600 has a heavier double sided beater, 900 is single sided and lighter. 600 has a duo cam which lets you switch between powerglide or rolling glide feel where the 900 is fixed cam. I believe the hinges are different as well. Both use the same double chain. 900 is considered the higher end pedal, but I have been happy with my 600. I am sure there are differences I missed, but those are the ones I know off the top of my head.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I use the IC Jr double but rarely use the slave pedal. I like a little weight in the beater and usually switch them out to wood. They have been in use since 2011 many shows and 3 studio sessions. they are starting to show their age. Would like to get a nice single next
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I've been using the Speed Cobra for 2 yrs. and like its sensitivity and speed. I play heel down and actually like the semi-long board pedal.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Does the 600 have the cobra coil?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Does the 600 have the cobra coil?
    I do not believe so

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    I've been using the Speed Cobra for 2 yrs. and like its sensitivity and speed. I play heel down and actually like the semi-long board pedal.
    ^+1 That's what I like about'em the semi-long board!

User Info Menu

I'm currently playing the Speed Cobra double pedals and the 600 series IC hat stand...................love all of it.
    The Tama HH clutch is great, BTW..................so simple and so effective.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)