Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home studio/drum room

User Info Menu

Default Re: Home studio/drum room

I use a bunkie which is 8 x 12 and I have 2 windows facing opposite sides for air movement and a small oil filled heater during the winter months which I keep at about 45. It is also insulated but the interior is not finished all you see is the vapor barrier which also helps with the acoustics of the kit IMO. Just the right size for drum practice.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-04-2017 at 07:25 AM.

User Info Menu

It's not finished, but we need practice space and will use it tomorrow. We have electric and A.C., so we're going to roll with it.

20170623_194448.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I like it! Congrats and have fun.....

User Info Menu

Very nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

We fit the full band in there and practiced for four hours today. I will be much better when I am able to finish it out, but it's good to have a spot to practice.

20170624_125926.jpg

20170624_121948.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Very nice! The best part is that you won't have to move your drums!

User Info Menu

Added a bit of a back drop. I should have some insulating panels to put in it here in a few weeks.

User Info Menu

Good stuff

User Info Menu

that's awesome congrats! Yet another reason for me to move out of a congested area and somewhere with some land!

User Info Menu

One of my customers in the area manufacturers "RV Park" homes. They're like a tiny house (400ish square feet) but are built on a steel trailer frame. They're classified as an RV trailer...which is really convenient. Prices range anywhere from $35K to $60k. You would need to provide your own sewer and potable water hookup, as they do not have storage tanks. Regardless, one of these would make the ultimate practice space. Heck, if I was ever a bachelor again, I'd buy an acreage somewhere and park one of these on it.
    IMG_1151.jpg
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Drumwhipper, that turned out great! I can see you slowly finishing off the place. Keep them pics coming.

User Info Menu

Thanks. I spent some time out there last night playing a bit and making plans. I'm seriously thinking of lining the walls with egg crate foam, then putting some paneling over the top of that. Another option I'm looking into is spray foam.