View Poll Results: Do you like our music?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • No

2 25.00%
  • A bit too emo.

3 37.50%

Thread: Blank Canvas

User Info Menu

Default Blank Canvas

I haven't beenabout for a bit, I've been on Holiday and got back to find my internet not working noone knew what was wrong with it ... anyway, in the time my internet has been broken my band and I did some recording (only on a little home recorder.) Now I have managed to put them on our Myspace and so far, weve had some pretty good reviews. Please visit our myspace and comment on our songs so we now how we're doing! Thanks www.myspace.com/theblankcanvasband . Just so you know abit about my band we were a group of teenagers who knew each other with musical talents. Me and my brother (the bass player) had been in bands before and my brother and the guitarist had been in bands before, I knew the guitarist so we were all pretty good freinds. But we needed a singer. Ben (the singer) came along and we were off. Weve done a couple of gigs and some not bad recording. Two of our songs are available for download but the rest unfortunatley we are making people buy.

User Info Menu

The only thing I dont like about it is that your guitarists use way to much distortion. other than that I think it sounds great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xxdrummer370xx View Post
    The only thing I dont like about it is that your guitarists use way to much distortion. other than that I think it sounds great.
    We keep telling him that, he has a new toy, his distortion pedal, we tell him to turn the distrotion down and it will sound way better but he refuses to do it.

User Info Menu

Andy, I think that the instumentalists (especially that drummer) sound amazing! The vocalist on the other hand leaves something to be desired... perhaps he's just too whiny... not a huge fan of Emo to begin with. He also sounds a bit... hollow I think is the best word, though that may just be a bad recording of the guy. Good vocalists are really hard to find! Especially one that really KNOWS how to use his voice. It's one thing to have natural talent, and another thing entirely to have trained that talent into something marketable.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Not my cup of tea music-wise but I think it was real good for guys your age. You've got to start somewhere right? Great job! Keep up the good work!!!

User Info Menu

Agreed drummer, it's not my cup of tea either, but I thought it was pretty decent for a band that is just getting together. Good job Andy!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

Shazane Guest

I just don't like the scales you use, I think the sound has been done too much, and it's too simplistic for me really. For what you're going for, however, it's not bad. Your guitarists doesn't necessarily have too much distortion, he needs to mess with his tone on the pedal and on the amp is all.

User Info Menu

i wudnt say yes.
    i wudnt say no.
    but i wudnt say too emo either.
    hmmm... i wudnt listen to it on my ipod
    caution drummer may bite

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone for the commments, the main thing I would like to say is that our singer sounds a hell of alot better live than on our recordings. The live recording was recorded on the little microphone recorder we got that cost about $20 so that's not the best quality. We didn't have any effects when recording the vocals because our home recorder we used is very basic. He has never had a singing lesson in his life and he suits our music well (according to reviews we've had live) and hes a GREAT front man, he really gets the crowd going and hes brilliant. The guitarist has been told that he needs to sort out his sound and he has done. Now our songs sound alot better and its all thanks to your comments! THANKS!

User Info Menu

cool band for teenagers, go on
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Not bad at all, not my kind of music but it falls right into the kind of music that kids are listening to today. Keep on truckin'!

User Info Menu

The skys the limit Andy. You guys are very young with plenty of potential. Keep it up. For me, a bit too emo but I liked it and appreciated it
    I play, Gretsch Catalina Birch, 7 piece in the vintage sunburst finish.

RIP, Frank. You will not be forgotten. Missing you, mate