Thread: Ugh. Been a rough week

User Info Menu

Default Ugh. Been a rough week

So on Easter morning my grandmother was found unresponsive in the shower as she prepared to come up for Easter dinner at my moms house. An ambulance was called and she was taken to the hospital where she was put in ICU on a ventilator. She came off of the vent a few days later and was put in a regular room. She had a lot of issues, and was eventually sent to a nursing home. Monday morning at 3am the Good Lord called her home. It's been a range of emotions. I'm happy that she is no longer suffering, but I'm obviously sad that my Granny is gone. She was my rock. She helped my mother raise me. She helped me buy my first home and first truck. I've got so many memories that I'll have them running through my mind for sometime now. Pardon me for rambling, but I find that sharing things helps me in the end.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ugh. Been a rough week

Even if you know it's coming and it's not a surprise, it's still a shock. Sorry for your loss.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear (read) that, but as long as the memories are good, let them run.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that. All my grandparents have been gone for decades, and my father passed away 17yrs ago last May. You'll get through it, and it will get better with time. Just keep your head up!
    Your Grandma helped you through your entire life thus far.....but she couldn't help you from a hospital bed. Now she can (and will) continue to help you through life from a better place. Her influence made you who you are today, and will continue to guide you.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 06-08-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear, brian.

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss. Grandmothers are special people and it's never easy to see them pass on.

She'll live in your heart forever ...

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss man. Grandparents are always special to us and when they are gone at least we have great memories of how they spoiled or advised us on the facts of life.

User Info Menu

Brian,

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Butch

User Info Menu

First of all my condolences to you and your family for your loss. I lost my grandmother in 1997 and like you she helped raise my brother and I. My parents divorced when we were young kids and my grandparents really stepped up. Even though it's been 20 years I miss her deeply. I think about her and still dream about her and it seems so real and then I wake up. Sounds like your grandmother was very special, cheerish those memories.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear brother. Grandparents always have a special place in grandchildren's hearts. I was very, very close to all my grandparents their entire lives. They have all been gone for a number of years now, but I still remember the great times I had with them and still to this day, think about them.

All you can do is think about the good times and honor their memory and never forget them. They are always with you.
    Stolen from EddieV:
    Boom, ching, boom boom ching, fuggadugga fuggadugga fuggadugga crash. Rinse, Repeat ad-nauseum.

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Come on Mark. You steal copy. Just look at your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Nothing says 'tough' like a drummer with ducklings on his drums. Ha!

User Info Menu

I remember them but, I never really knew my grandfathers..................as usual, their wives out-lived them and I really appreciated both of my grandmothers.
    They are special and I'm sorry to learn of your loss.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear of your loss. She's not completely gone as long as you can relish in the memories. Sounds like they are good ones.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss.
    It's never easy no matter how old they are or what kind of shape they are in.
    I have lost all my grandparents and my mother and my father too.

Take care!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Sorry for your loss. I had a grandmother who meant the world to me as well, and still remember the pain of losing her. Years later the memories are now all happy, but it takes a while to get past the pain. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal