Thread: Cool. Was I the only one who didn't know?

User Info Menu

Default Cool. Was I the only one who didn't know?

Last week, I had to change all of my heads and didn't have much time.

I usually use an Evans drill bit specifically for drum tension rods, but couldn't find mine.........

Funny thing is, the "holder" for the bits fits perfectly.............definitely saved me time removing all of the heads

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cool. Was I the only one who didn't know?

Yep, that's what I use. I've found that it fits well on some rods, but others not as well. I suppose it depends on the quality or brand of rod and the quality of the driver....since you have 6 points driving 4. Because of that, I just use the hand driver and not a powered drill.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Yep, that's what I use. I've found that it fits well on some rods, but others not as well. I suppose it depends on the quality or brand of rod and the quality of the driver....since you have 6 points driving 4. Because of that, I just use the hand driver and not a powered drill.
    Only tried it on my DWs and Risen kit and it worked great. Fit isn't exact, but it worked great and didn't strip any of the rods. I only use them to remove the heads........not install them

User Info Menu

never thought to try because I always use my gibraltor drill bit accessory

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    never thought to try because I always use my gibraltor drill bit accessory
    Me too.........but lost my bit