Thread: Eletric Drum chat

User Info Menu

Default Eletric Drum chat

I was reading a thread today named Eletric Drum talk and I think that is a really good idea. I play eletric drums myself and I know there are other people on this site that also play eletric drums. I know that some people look down on eletric drums (like my teacher for instance) so i feel awkward talking about them in general Drum chat. Could you please start an Eletric Drum Forum for all of us eletrical drummers?

User Info Menu

i don't think anyone on this site looks down on us drummers that use electric kits as they know that it's not possible for everyone to play acoustic kits because of their living circumstances. everyone plays what they have to so they can keep playing. having said that i do go onto other sites and just go onto to their electronic forums. Don't be ashamed of your electric kit it looks great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_TAMA View Post
    I was reading a thread today named Eletric Drum talk and I think that is a really good idea. I play eletric drums myself and I know there are other people on this site that also play eletric drums. I know that some people look down on eletric drums (like my teacher for instance) so i feel awkward talking about them in general Drum chat. Could you please start an Eletric Drum Forum for all of us eletrical drummers?
    You won't get looked down upon here, no way! I play electric and proud of it!

Welcome the the Drum Chat family!

User Info Menu

plus they sound great..

User Info Menu

I played an electric kit once, it was fun and really REALLY versitile in sounds and uses. I would like to add a few electric pads in my acoustic set (like Neil Peart and Danny Carey).

As for people who play electric kits, I don't look down on them until they start totally bashing acoustic drums.
    Other than that, electric players are cool in my book!
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Well yeah I suppose, but it would still be nice just to have a forum for eletric drummers.

User Info Menu

so keepin this thread alive. uhm, i know for electricdrum set. theres the black pads, and white pads. white ones having more give to them. why do they have the black and white pads? why not just 1 kind

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos View Post
    I played an electric kit once, it was fun and really REALLY versitile in sounds and uses. I would like to add a few electric pads in my acoustic set (like Neil Peart and Danny Carey).

As for people who play electric kits, I don't look down on them until they start totally bashing acoustic drums.
    Other than that, electric players are cool in my book!
    Anyone that would bash an acoustic set is out of their minds and probably not a drummer

I love my e-kit, but if I had the choice of any drum kit it would be acoustic (Pearl or DW) but I'd have an e-kit on the side for fun.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Eletric Drum chat

im enjoying learning on a elec kit - and i also enjoy the ability to be able to trigger a zillion drum samples and percussion samples from my library thru native instruments battery..

its an advantage that electric kits have over the acoustic ones for sure - as we can access the amazing world of music in computers..
    I composed a song all on drums once - it had bass guitar - lead - piano - everything - but all was triggered with the drum kit.. technology is amazing.

I do criticize the feel of my drum heads pads on the yamaha - the black rubber ones - they have a ridiculous amount of bounce, and a lack of sensitivity in softer stick velocities... as I haven't had the opportunity to try the wire mesh ones like the more expensive roland and pintech, i dont know how good the technology has become.

If given the opportunity to have electric or acoustic, i think that i would choose acoustic as it can make a great deal of noise without having to plug everything into electricity! I would also have a decent set of hand drums also..

roon.

User Info Menu

Andy, there is an electronic drums forum already set up. It's underneath "Drumming.com" on the main page. Here's a direct link: http://www.drumchat.com/forumdisplay...-drums-23.html

User Info Menu

Here is my E kit. I play both. I use my E kit for practice and recording. I love it. Click on my website link in my sig, on the "Music Downloads" page you can hear a bunch of stuff I used the E drums on. Anything that was not live were the E drums.
    I think a lot of people think it is one or the other, either you play E drums or Acoustic. I look at it a little differently. They are both viable instruments and have their place. I gig with acoustic drums. Acoustics do just sound best live and if recorded correctly. But E drums are so easy to record. I get individual tracks with no bleed and a perfect repeatable sound every time.

Oh and I am sure the neighbors love them and do not even know it ;-)

Last edited by rmandelbaum; 06-05-2008 at 10:07 AM.
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Nice kit, RM.

I agree. I played both when I had both. Just depends on the application at the time.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Rman-
    Very nice! I really like your hh setup. That's sharp!
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

thank you
    DW Collectors
    Vintage Superstars
    Roland TD-20
    Misc. Snares
    My Web Site

User Info Menu

Cool Re: Eletric Drum chat

Love Yer Kit !!! Id Swear By My "rock'n'soc"throne Too!!!!!
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

nice lookin rolandss...look like td 20....i have played both...they have their spot....you cant argue with the sound and playing experience of an acoustic set. however, you cant argue with the versatility, recording quality, and control that these drums give you. great technology. expensive too.
    My Kit - Mapex Saturn 6 Pc., Iron Cobra Double Pedal, 14 Sabian HHX Evolution HH, 20 Avedis Ping Ride, Zildjian 16 Vintage Crash, Zildjian K 17 Thin Dry Crash, Sabian HHX Evolution 16 Crash, Evans Heads, Sennheiser Mikes