Thread: Sabian Chopper: Anyone have one?

User Info Menu

Default Sabian Chopper: Anyone have one?

I've had mine for a couple of months now and I like it a lot. You can accent off the Hi Hat w/it in this location. Same spot as JoJo Mayer. A bit pricey for what it is but I find it really fun!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian Chopper: Anyone have one?

I've always wanted one because I like using splashes as accents, but the sustain is too long, and I don't have the right cymbals for a stack. This looks perfect for what I do but it's the price that's the killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I also have one. I like it a lot. It is also placed by my hihat for cool accent grooves

User Info Menu

I have the Meinl Electro Stack 8/10................a cool effect..................must be similar to the Sabian.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I owned the 8" for a while. It's a cool piece. I think it's way over priced, and there are other crashers that are much cheaper. These are also very heavy, which isn't a big deal on its own but in a cymbal bag it can definitely add more weight than you might expect (the 12" is around 1800 grams!)
    Something that sounds like a larger Sabian Chopper is a Meinl 10" Generation X Filter China on the bottom with a Factory Metal 12" Cross Crasher on top. Used these are both very cheap (around $40 each.) So that's another option.
    Also the Engelhart Ribbon Crasher and the Meinl Turbo Crashers are cheaper add-ons that make the same type of sound...I own both sizes of the Meinl crasher and use them a lot. Great as an alternate hi-hat.