Thread: Best Free VI Drum Plugin

User Info Menu

Default Best Free VI Drum Plugin

Hey, I'm running Pro Tools 12.4 on a Mac and looking for a quality free VI Drum plugin (well, as good quality as free can get). It has to be AAX since I'm using PT. I'm familiar with the host software that allows you to run other plugin formats (i.e. VST, etc.) with PT, but they are all upwards of $100; if I could afford that then I could afford a VI Drums! Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks,
    -Adam

User Info Menu

Default Re: Best Free VI Drum Plugin

drumica

its free but you need to translate

http://de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by itchie View Post
    drumica

its free but you need to translate

http://de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica
    What did you use to translate the site? I'm using Google Translator on Firefox, but it only translates half of the page. From what I can gather, you need to register before it let's you download the software.. I somehow made it to the download page where it shows the windows and apple logos, but it wouldn't let me click the download link (atleast what I think is the download link). This is probably cuz I didn't register first, which is hard cuz the entire registration is in German. I've read that Google Translator works better in the Chrome browser.. maybe I'll download and try that one. Unless you have a better suggestion. Also, is the program is in English? Please let me know how you did this cuz I'd love to try this software. Thanks.

User Info Menu

I actually just figured it out and I'm downloading it now. It's a giant file.. 4+ GB!! I had to cut and past everything into the Google online translator to navigate the site. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks. Oh ya, you need Kontakt 5 to run this drum software? Kontakt 5 isn't free, right? You know how much it costs? Thankd.