Thread: Getting Something Special for Christmas?

User Info Menu

Default Getting Something Special for Christmas?

Well I just ordered a new 6 piece Gretsch Renown kit from Musicians Friend. Along with the kit I also ordered several Gibraltar hardware pieces to complete the kit. MF offered a special 15% off 48 hr. sale. And the savings was the deciding factor, oh yea no shipping fees to boot. Total price for the kit and hardware was $1575.63. A savings of $285.34. I played this amazing kit at a Guitar Center about two months ago and new what my band money would be spent on. Now I will have two Gretsch kits and my 81 seven piece Slingerland kit. My practice room will only support one kit so one will be packed away for now. The new Renown’s will become my show kit once I get comfortable with the setup and get them tuned as I like. Being 58 years young I doubt there will be another new kit after this one.

What about you? Anything good coming your way for Christmas?
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

Nothing of note new for me this year! But congradulations on your new Christmas gift to yourself.

User Info Menu

i might get a mesa boogie triple rectifier (any guitar players here know what im talking about)

oh yah baby =]

User Info Menu

and maybe a new ride and/ or some dw 5000's =]]

User Info Menu

I'm hinting to hubby that I want a new ipod

User Info Menu

dc
    you should put yours in a blender

i think he might get the hint

like this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8H29jU8Wrs
    Last edited by Kjbakke2; 12-03-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: dead link

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kjbakke2 View Post
    dc
    you should put yours in a blender

like this guy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8H29jU8Wrs
    Good idear!

But if he says no, I'm screwed...........

User Info Menu

well there is that hahaha

User Info Menu

i might get a mesa boogie triple rectifier (any guitar players here know what im talking about)

oh yah baby =]
    Nice!!! Goin' to dial up the gain big time, huh?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Cool Getting Something Special for Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by rritter View Post
    ...Now I will have two Gretsch kits and my 81 seven piece Slingerland kit. My practice room will only support one kit so one will be packed away for now. The new Renown’s will become my show kit once I get comfortable with the setup and get them tuned as I like. Being 58 years young I doubt there will be another new kit after this one...
    Might want to pack away the Slingerlands, man...depending on what shape they're in, it might be worth it...

dc you should put yours in a blender

DC, you'd probably end up getting the blender instead!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

YEP- got a Zildjian 19' Armand " Beautiful Baby' Ride on the way !!!

Will have it as a second ride set up next to, and just ever so slightly above my main ride.

Any of you heard/ own / played this sweeeeeeeeeeet sizzling ride ? (Its the one with 3 rivets in it ) GREAT for Jazz, Smooth funk etc - well I think so anyway.
    ' Up the Irons '

User Info Menu

Default My First Set For Christmas

Yep, I'm getting my first set this christmas, and I'm very excited. It's sitting in the boxes now in my room...

PDP MX 5-piece shell pack
    B8 Sabian Cymbal Pack w/ 14" hi hats, 16", 17", 18" crashes, 20" Ride, and a 10" Splash
    3 Boom Stands that Convert to Straight Stands
    Double Pedal
    Throne
    Hi Hat Stand
    2 Mini-boom stands

Things I'll get with Christmas Money:
    8" and 10" Wuhan Splash Pack
    16" Wuhan China
    2 more boom or booms that convert to straight stands for the 16" and China. Going to put the Sabian B8 splash upside down ontop of the 16" crash, and the 8" and 10" Wuhan Splash on the mini booms in front of the toms =D

If I can get any feedback, or any type of set up tips that'd be great. I've been playing set for since about the middle of 7th grade so I know the basics, and where I want everything to go. It is always nice to get some other ideas in though. Thanks ^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Nice!!! Goin' to dial up the gain big time, huh?
    you know what im talking about bro

its time to get rectified
    and some serioush crunch
    no more of this muddy crap
    im goin for gold =]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bongobro View Post
    Might want to pack away the Slingerlands, man...depending on what shape they're in, it might be worth it...

DC, you'd probably end up getting the blender instead!
    My hubby knows better than to get me something "domestic", it will not ever be used LOL

User Info Menu

It seems like everyday at my house is Christmas. LOL.
    I have a bit of a drum and cymbal buying problem.
    Thankfully, I can afford to satisfy my affliction, without making it difficult to take care of other, not so important things, like food, power, water and gas. HAHA!

Matt
    Matt G.
    Hitting my drums, like they owe me money!
    My Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatdog1969
    Vegas Drummers: http://www.myspace.com/vegasdrummers
    I Proudly Play:
    PAISTE
    SONOR
    EVANS
    SILVERFOX
    SNAREHORSE

User Info Menu

Default Me too

only my present to myself is a 7 pc Pearl Reference kit in Purple Craze. Got Musicians Friend to price match with Cascio Interstate Music and saved a chunk. Difference is Musicians Friend actually has these instock(or so they claim. I hope I'm not a fool to believe them) and Interstate Music has to special order them 4-6 months out. According to M. Friend they should ship out in about 1 week ... free. We'll see.

14x6.5 wood reference snare
    8x7
    10x8
    12x9
    14x11 RT
    16x13 RT
    24x18 kick

User Info Menu

I am hoping to get my 8" add-on tom for my kit, so I am being extra nice lol.

User Info Menu

I might get new cymbals :D
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wotto View Post
    YEP- got a Zildjian 19' Armand " Beautiful Baby' Ride on the way !!!

Will have it as a second ride set up next to, and just ever so slightly above my main ride.

Any of you heard/ own / played this sweeeeeeeeeeet sizzling ride ? (Its the one with 3 rivets in it ) GREAT for Jazz, Smooth funk etc - well I think so anyway.
    Yup. Lives up to it's name. Good choice.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XAydMary View Post
    only my present to myself is a 7 pc Pearl Reference kit in Purple Craze. Got Musicians Friend to price match with Cascio Interstate Music and saved a chunk. Difference is Musicians Friend actually has these instock(or so they claim. I hope I'm not a fool to believe them) and Interstate Music has to special order them 4-6 months out. According to M. Friend they should ship out in about 1 week ... free. We'll see.

8x7
    10x8
    12x9
    14x11 RT
    16x13 RT
    24x18 kick
    Nice, Hope they do have them for you. I'm expecting my Gretsch kit to be shipped on or about the 17th
    Now playing Gretsch and Slingerland Drums

User Info Menu

I'm getting my first kit, should be pretty nice.

PDP MX 5-piece shell pack
    B8 Sabian Cymbal Pack w/ 14" hi-hats, 16", 17", 18" crashes, 20" ride and a 10" splash
    All the stands and stuff lol

Going to post it a bit more in depth on my own thread for ideas of set up and things so I can add to the way I'm thinking of setting up.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by XAydMary View Post

8x7
    10x8
    12x9
    14x11 RT
    16x13 RT
    24x18 kick
    nice. thats my favorite finish on any kit.

i'm buyin myself some new rack clamps and tom arms.