Thread: Sabian XSR Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Sabian XSR Cymbals

Anyone here play them? I found these and want to upgrade from my B8X pack, but want to make sure it's worth the upgrade?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--SABXSR5007SB
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sabian XSR Cymbals

I can't comment on the XSR range as I've never actually heard them in person, but in the UK the price of that pack is similar to the Zildjian A391 set (21" Sweet Ride, 14" New Beats, and 16 and 18" medium thin crashes.

User Info Menu

I think It would be a noticeable upgrade for crashes. Not quite as noticeable on the ride. As far as the hats, I actually like the more cutting sound of B8's.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Pro level sounding cast cymbals at a more moderate price point.
    I've played them and not a thing bad I can say about them.
    There are limited sizes and weights for that line of cymbals,but that's about it.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

the XSR are amazing cymbals! They are the newest version of the XS20 which I play.
    I would love to upgrade to the XSR but I just don't do brilliant finish cymbals which is a personal choice.
    These would be a great upgrade!

User Info Menu

Last edited by DrumWhipper; 07-26-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

BackStreetDrums Guest

Go with Paiste 900S...nobody does it better with B8 than Paiste...moderately priced, sound sooooo sweet

User Info Menu

I don't care for Paiste cymbals. I do know the B8X line from Sabian has surprised me, and there have been multiple times where I played gigs and people thought I had a higher grade cymbal. At the end of the day it is all personal preference.