Thread: Anyone recommend a good book/cd or dvd/book on the Blues Shuffle please

User Info Menu

Default Anyone recommend a good book/cd or dvd/book on the Blues Shuffle please

Hi Folks i would like to get better at playing the Blues Shuffles ect....if anyone can recommend a good book/cd or dvd/book covering the Blues i would be greatful....i'm new to the world of Drumming and only been playing a matter of weeks.....to be honest at the age of 55 a bit too old to be learning a new instrument but fancied a bash.....i really struggle trying to play a 4 on the floor beat...thanks in advance

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone recommend a good book/cd or dvd/book on the Blues Shuffle please

If you want to learn the shuffle, Chris Layton is your man.

[link removed. please see forum rules. - Tom]
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anyone recommend a good book/cd or dvd/book on the Blues Shuffle please

[QUOTE=DrumWhipper;709683]If you want to learn the shuffle, Chris Layton is your man.

Thankyou i will check out some SRV cheers

User Info Menu

Lots of stuff on the tube, just search for "blues shuffles;" 40 of them but you don't need to learn them all to play ZZ Top or Skynryd or Queen or Led Zep. It does help to have a feel for shuffles in general, tho.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    Lots of stuff on the tube, just search for "blues shuffles;" 40 of them but you don't need to learn them all to play ZZ Top or Skynryd or Queen or Led Zep. It does help to have a feel for shuffles in general, tho.
    Thankyou getting there....very late starter on Drums at 55...only been playing a about 4 weeks lol....have been a Vocalist in many local cover bands over many years and also played Bass and Guitar but just fancied a change...bought a cheapo Acoustic kit last year but to loud to practise so actually got rid of it...but missed it and traded my Bass gear and got a nice Yamaha Electric Kit so I can at least practice now