Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10 Most overrated Drummers of all time

User Info Menu

Default Re: 10 Most overrated Drummers of all time

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Ha-ha! You know me all too well Rick!
    Yes........................................I do. So don't try to get tricky with me.................Hannah.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Yes........................................I do. So don't try to get tricky with me.................Hannah.
    130108_richard_nixon_ap_328.jpg

User Info Menu

Now that's funny, but,I liked you better as Hannah. Definitely a better butt.

Although, given your penchant for jumping around with different personalities, you could try Halle Berry.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 08-02-2017 at 11:36 PM.

User Info Menu

I can't believe I didn't make the list.

The system is rigged.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    I can't believe I didn't make the list.
    trump_bully[1].jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

i agree with about 4 on the list.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

No 1 care who Levy thinks is over rated because read his bio on hero's & you will know right away he know's nothing about the art of playing a instrument. Anyone who would put down on their list Peter Edward Baker as a over rated drummer knows absolutely zero about actually playing. Baker never went along for the ride, Baker was the ride. Evevyone that talks about Baker mentions 3 years of his career, Baker has done much more in his 60 years of professional drumming then Cream & many would say better. Then he put down Steve Gadd which is another example of knowing nothing. Levy is just someone who no one listens to as anything serious. Everyone has a opinion, but then there is facts. Some writers should stick to writing about things they know about & in Levy's case it would be toilet bowl reviews & how they flush because that is where his writings should go so he would know because most of them went down there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    These lists are always interesting. I never heard of this journalist either but he was pretty harsh but comical. I want to know his 10 most underated drummers.
    Here's that very list - https://thezreview.com/2017/07/29/th...s-of-all-time/
    PDP | Black Panther | Sabian |

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting! Another list up for debate, interesting indeed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatDrummer View Post
    When I saw his selections I assumed he was Gen-X.
    And then he confessed................
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

What I want to know is; . who is it that's doing all this supposed over rating? I've never heard anyone, drummers or non drummers alike, going around making claims of Charlie Watts being among the worlds best drummers.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Overrated what is it really? For instance lets take Charlie Watts, yes he's a good drummer however because he plays with the Stones he is highly overrated , meaning he is considered to be a lot better then he really is based on the popularity of the band he is in. Same goes for Ringo , if either of these guys played for a one hit wonder we would not even know who they are.

I suggested adding Mick Fleetwood to the list, another guy that puts me to sleep listening to him play. Yes he's good, he's super successful however nothing I've ever heard him play has made do a double take. Being overrated comes with the popularity of your band.

Some say Neil Peart is overrated, I say he's not, he's got the success of his band but he also has the super chops to back it up. He not just a time keeper , he's an innovator.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 08-09-2017 at 05:37 AM.

User Info Menu

Agree on Neil Peart.

User Info Menu

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but for gods sakes, can it be a rational opinion??
    How in the world can anyone say Steve Gadd is overrated!!!!! He is one of the best drummers in the world.
    As for Tommy Lee, he is a good rock drummer with some decent chops. He started off in marching band in high school, not that it means anything but listen to the song " bastard" on shout atbthe devil. Nothing complicated but just cool rock drumming.
    Ginger Baker is very solid.
    Keith Moon was great with the Who and was very unique.
    Charlie Watts plays very well with the Stones. He plays for the song, thats a good thing.
    Some of these drummers may be overrated but their styles gels perfectly with the band.
    Look how bad guns n roses music sounded when they got rid of steven adler for a much more technical drummer in matt sorum. Matt is a great drummer and seems like a real nice guy but guns n roses sound changed big time.