Thread: Drum pedals ?

User Info Menu

Default Drum pedals ?

I wanted to start a new thread on drum pedals. Im looking for a new drum set, pearl, ludwig, or tama. However, im a single bass drum guy and i enjoy a fast kick.
    I tested a few pedals in various stores and many seem stiff or have horrible rebound.
    I guess its the worn out drum heads or tension on the pedals.
    Is the ludwig speed king still up there as far as fast pedals?
    I dont want the newer pedal that plays like a double base, i dont evn know how to use that. Lol. Ive been out if the drum game for 30 years.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Drum pedals ?

I love love love my Tama Speed Cobra, it is the only thing Tama that I really Like. I still have a Pearl Eliminator with the 4 different color cams I still use from time to time as well. I had a DW 9000 and did not really like it and I also did not like a Trick pedal I had for awhile. I Prefer a chain drive but would like to try a direct drive again.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Here come the opinions....

See MDK didn't like the 9000 pedal yet I have 5 pairs of them... I LOVE them. And now I swapped out the beaters to the MDD sound controls and they're perfect for me.

I do love my Yamaha Flying dragons. I think those are smooth and fast. The direct drive version is super slick.

User Info Menu

I'm still trying to find the pedal I like. I tried the DW5000 for a while I have a Tama Iron Cobra 600 I have a Pearl Demonator and still haven't had one make me say I love this pedal. The search continues
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

I just went through the drum pedal search a little while back and landed on the Tama Iron Cobra 600. Both my son and I love it. We also really liked the Mapex Falcon series, but the Tama won out.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal