Thread: I need some help buying hardware

User Info Menu

Default I need some help buying hardware

My local drum shop cuy can't bring in a particular Gibraltar hardware item.

Does anyone out there know of a good drum shop that is not too far south of Vancouver, BC Canada (in the USA)? I'm thinking of taking a 'road trip' and doing some Christmas shopping. I would like to check a few stores out before I make the road trip.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Is ordering from Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, or Music 123 out of the question?
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

Default on-line ordering

Quote Originally Posted by Kryshah View Post
    Is ordering from Musicians Friend, Sam Ash, or Music 123 out of the question?
    Not completely. I've had some success ordering on-line.
    Sometimes they won't ship certain items to Canada for some reason.
    At other times the shipping, duty and brokerage fees add up to almost as much as the items themself. There is also the issue of goods held up at the boarder for extended periods of times. I've only had that happen a couple of times.

But, I would like to know of some shops close to Vancouver but in the USA so if I'm in the neighborhood I would be able to check them out.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Default eBay...eBay...ebay...

I've gotten great deal on Ebay !!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderMaker View Post
    I've gotten great deal on Ebay !!
    I've bought some stuff other than drum equipment on eBay.
    Yes - it's worth keeping an eye on eBay for sure.

Just added this today:
    I was in another local drum store and it looks like he can get what I'm looking for (Gibraltar ball joint extension arms - SC-BJEA). I find it kind of odd that one retailer can get the items and the other can't and they both sell Gibraltar and they're both in the same City. Oh well - I'm not the only one that has a hard time figuring the retail industry out. I guess in some large box-type stores, if it's not in they're warehouse or they haven't sold an item in a while it's "pulled" from inventory and they just say they can't get it anymore. It's not worth it to sell the item I suppose.
    Last edited by kona; 12-18-2007 at 04:05 PM. Reason: add something
    Gary

User Info Menu

Default I need some help buying hardware

OLA * I get great deals from ebay * & The product comes within 7 days Drop shiped* But then you Might Want to have hands on befor buying
    *I hope you find what your looking for.SOmetimes guitar center has some
    great deals & sam ash..

User Info Menu

Thanks all for your help.

I have most of my gear for now - just waiting for my Dunnett snare throw-off so I can mount my batterside wood hoop and all will be good in my world of drums - so far.
    Gary

User Info Menu

Who found the cheap sabians on ebay because i still wanna see the store there in because i need a new crash.... or a crash ride....
    Roland TD 30KV
    Gretsch Birch Catalina Wine red.
    Paiste PST5's
    Paiste Alpha Paiste Dark Energy
    Gibraltar Hardware Pearl 2002c Eliminator

Minute 36 - Facebook
    Tai Fighters