Well, you can see by my screen name that it's been a few years since I've been here or in drumming at all. I really feel the desire to get back in and I'm poised to pull the trigger on a mid priced kit. Still deciding...

Roland TD 11KS
Yamaha DTX522K

However this thread isn't about equipment.

My desire (don't groan too loud, ha ha) is to get an 80's hairband style band together. Def Leppard, Journey, etc. I realize there is a plethora of them out there and frankly even if we don't play out, I really don't care too much. Just want to have fun with it.

A ton of things have changed I guess in the world of E drums. EZ drummer? Laptops? That's cool that you can really pick the exact sound you want if you want to go down that road.

What I've heard you can do - and why I haven't thought of this before - is that I can take Audacity, find a DL song where I can isolate and capture the snare drum and then load that onto my drum module. So basically I could have the EXACT same snare sound as DL, right?

The challenge now is to find the snare sound....I'll probably start with Hysteria or Love Bites thinking that it might be able to find the sole snare sound in a slow song.

At any rate, any thoughts would be great....mainly just saying "hello" as it's been a few years!