Thread: What you think about these 3 snares

User Info Menu

Default What you think about these 3 snares

I looking for a snare that will give me that deep fat wet sound and i was looking at these 3 what do you all think and if not these please suggest any others also...

Tama Warlord Valkyrie
    6x14 $600

Tama starclassic
    6x14 $475

Ddrums S4 maple
    7x13 $150

thx
    tankman

User Info Menu

The two deeper ones would defianetly give you a bigger, phatter sound. Out of those three I would go for the StarClassic though because of the price tag and the fact that heads can change everything- As in you could get the two tamas sounding similair to what you want with good heads and tuning and the extra 100 bucks doesnt affect much. So yeah I would choose the StarClassic.

Even if the warlord does have damn cool lugs and crystals in it...
    jimbolimbo99 Mapex Mafia

Mapex M Birch
    Sabian AA and Paragons
    Zildjian A's
    Meinl Generation X
    Dream Lion
    Trick Pro-1V

My band

My Kit

Shazane Guest

I dont like wood snares, but Tama makes great stuff no matter what it is, my snare is a Tama and it's pretty amazing.

User Info Menu

The warlords are a decorated starclassic. The lugs are cool and all but I think you are paying for bling more than anything else. The shells are maple and you can buy a maple starclassic. The deeper the depth the fatter the sound potential. There are other things at stake (heads) but that is pretty much sums it up. If you love the look of the warlords then go with that you only live once.

User Info Menu

thx you guys i think i might go with the starclassic

thx
    tankman

User Info Menu

wich starclassic? i have the 13ply g-maple 6x14 and it is a very nice sounding drum. it can be VERY loud.

User Info Menu

13 ply g-maple funky! wow what a monster. you got a pic of that beast?

User Info Menu

To be honest, I've had a Mapex Black Panther for a while and you can get nearly anysound out of that beast! Its amazing its never let me down and I dont think ever will, unfotunatley it does have quiet and expensive price tag, but the snare that came with my tama kit was prety good and out of them three I would go for the starclassic!

User Info Menu

i was talking to this guy at the drum shop today and he saids the only diff with the starclassic maple and the G maple is that the G maple is a ply thicker than the regular maple.

User Info Menu

Default Re: What you think about these 3 snares

Quote Originally Posted by Shazane View Post
    I dont like wood snares, but Tama makes great stuff no matter what it is, my snare is a Tama and it's pretty amazing.
    Tama makes great snares, and the pearl free floating maple snare, sounds much louder than a wood, snare, you wouldn't even be able to tell that its a wooden snare