Thread: My first audition video (?)

User Info Menu

Default My first audition video (?)

Not really sure what people call them anymore, ha ha. I'm old.

So I got my new Roland electronic kit less than a week ago and this is the first time I've had drums in years. I'm so excited to play and to find other musicians that I put this little audition video together. Part of me thinks that I'm completely jumping the gun and that I should just keep practicing and getting better but another part of me still wants to put something up and see if it's good enough for anyone to be interested. I've already talked with a few different people who need a drummer and I was very upfront about my skill level. I sent them the link to this so maybe I'll hear from them and maybe I won't :-)

I'm open to any thoughts. When I listen to it it feels like my timing is all over the place. It's a very strange phenomenon because sometimes when I feel like I have to go really slow it feels like I'm dragging but then when I play it back I seem to be right in time. Anyway here it is warts and all...

I hope I'm not violating anything by putting a link here. I've seen other people put up YouTube links so I think it's okay?

https://youtu.be/1TFSEnEHjnw

User Info Menu

Default Re: My first audition video (?)

Kevin...wow. You're good man! Great sense of timing. I really enjoyed listening to the tracks. I'd hire you for sure just on listening to those three songs!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Kevin...wow. You're good man! Great sense of timing. I really enjoyed listening to the tracks. I'd hire you for sure just on listening to those three songs!
    Really? Wow, thanks very much. It's a start

User Info Menu

Yep, sounds like your timing is steady. I think what your hearing is your drums being consistent but just a touch behind the beat....just a very tiny bit. But it's consistent, so I'd guess it probably has to do with sound delay issues in the recording. It wouldn't surprise me if it was the electronic drums themselves.

If you want to hear what a drummer with bad tempo control really sounds like, I'll send you a link to one of my gig recordings
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

good work , one thing i can say is try not to rush note, try sit into it a little

User Info Menu

You played very well.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Well done.

User Info Menu

Sounds good