Thread: Holy China, Batman!!

User Info Menu

Default Holy China, Batman!!

I used a $60 Wuhan China for years and had no complaints other than it doesn't fit in my cymbal case because of the traditional bell. That wasn't a big deal until my band started gigging regularly, then it just became an annoyance that I was getting tired of. I had been lusting after a Zildjian Oriental Trash China and finally had the cash set aside for it. I bought the Oriental, threw it on my kit, smacked it with a stick and immediately hated it. It sounded like a goddamn trash can lid. So back to the Wuhan. On the recommendation of a friend I decided to try this 17" Sabian Holy China and it's perfect - great rock china attack, immediate decay, fits in a cymbal case, and is even signed by some guy named Chuck Smoot (???). I guess this is also a ringing endorsement of Wuhan Chinas since the only reason I replaced it was to get something that fits in a cymbal case.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Holy China, Batman!!

I was thinking of getting one pretty soon. Beautiful cymbals. The people at Sabian who hand hammer cymbals sign them under the bell. I have one in my HH too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

yeah the holy china is an AMAZING china for sure!
    Great choice

User Info Menu

Nice choice! I wasn't a big fan of the Zildjian Oriental China Trash cymbals either so I ended up with the Sabian 17" X-treme Chinese and it's perfect!