Had our best weekend of gigs we've ever had, so I rewarded myself;

Pork Pie "Hip Pig" 13x7 steel. Wow, what a sleeper! Typical Pork Pie quality & build (excellent). The sound is fantastic...Exactly what it should be for a deep steel snare. Lots of ring, but it's beautiful, pure & mellow. Like playing a note on a piano. It was tuned perfectly right out of the box. I've never been able to dial in a snare to get this sound myself. The batter head was pretty darn tight, but surprisingly low pitched for being at such high tension. Wires were adjusted perfectly. It plays wonderfully and is extremely sensitive.
IMG_0229.jpg

I knew that having a 13x7 would create height issues, so I also picked up a "low profile" stand. Since I also have a 14x8 Supralite, I wanted something heavy duty enough for both. Took a chance on a Pearl S930D (drop basket).
IMG_0231.jpg
It's another sleeper. This thing goes so low, with the 13x7, it goes down to knee level. 24" floor to batter to be exact.
IMG_0230.jpg
It's built like a tank and has a nice metal basket adjuster knob and rubber grips that help it fit a 13" snare with the basket almost flat.
I'm extremely pleased with both. Considering the price ($129 snare, $65 stand), it's a steal.