Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Many Hours a Week do you Practice Drums?

User Info Menu

Default How Many Hours a Week do you Practice Drums?

I average about 3 to 4. I used to do that in a day!

User Info Menu

Since I hit the "big time", I pay a guy to practice for me. He's not bad, but a little lazy. SHEEEEZ...Good help is hard to find !
    Last edited by Boo; 04-21-2006 at 11:54 PM.

User Info Menu

LOL, You crack me up Boo!

User Info Menu

i don't practice much but i should. i'd be a hole lot better if i did
    max

User Info Menu

I prac as much as possible which unfortunatly isn't as much as i'de like....

User Info Menu

When I was a kid I used to use the practice pad 2-3 hours a day. I used to drive my parents crazy. Once they got mad at me and took my pad away. So I went out side, sat under a tree, and practiced rudiments on my bicycle tire. I think they wanted to put me into therapy!
    Last edited by Boo; 04-26-2006 at 09:52 PM.

User Info Menu

....nice....

User Info Menu

thats the way every drummer should be

User Info Menu

i used to practice every day till my fingers bled but now i just have these red circle callussy things.
    bout 4 hours a day
    im only in high school and dont have to go to work much so that makes it easier

User Info Menu

i practice about 2 1/2 hours everyday but i'm like fatty still in school and dont have a job so it makes it a bit easier to practice alot
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

I get home at 3, and I got karate from 5:30 to 8, so usually I practice 2 hours a day, and after karate I do my homework for about an hour, eat dinner, take a shower, and get to bed at 11.

Thats only on weekdays. On weekends, I practice about 4 hours. So thats about 18 hours a week.
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

If in any way I show signs of stupidity or lack of intellegence, this is why:

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

by the way I'm only 12 so I got all the time I need.. No work
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

yes now i'm not the youngest one here lezzle is
    |M|o|u|n|t|a|i|n| |D|e|w| My Anti-Drug

User Info Menu

oh well thanks a lot (lol)
    -Leslie (aka Lezzle..)

Blond + Drummer =

User Info Menu

I usually put in about 20 hours a week ( that includes 8 hours with my band). I work nights, so I really don't have to worry about pissing off my neighbors.

User Info Menu

I practice about 2 hours a day spacin it out and spendin about 15 minutes on each different technique i want to increase in level of skkill

User Info Menu

i practice 18-24 hours druing the week then 8 hours in the studio on a saturday and have sunday off .

dave

User Info Menu

I've only practiced 30-60 minutes for 6 days a week, back at my old place. Hard to do here....so I've been out of practice for 2 months. But at the same time, I study the rythyms in my head so next time I actually sit at my set, I can practice better.

Much like when I hold off from doing artwork for a while I get better next time around.

User Info Menu

id like to practice alot more than i do bt once i fail a few of my classes and get kicked off the football team for my grades, im spending all my time on my set
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

are you guys including your time spent on the kit jamming out? or are you just including the time actually spend pratcing?

User Info Menu

Its a few hours a week for me. I should be more committed but you know, ive got a lot of homework right now and that was to come first.

User Info Menu

prolly 10-12 hours a week. on top of 8-12 hours a week performing.

User Info Menu

about 20 hours a week including pad,drumset (playing to music and beating around)

User Info Menu

10-12 hours a week for me too

User Info Menu

lol, dude, i come home, and hit the set for like 2 hours a day

Then on saturady i have a snare drum lession in drumline (guys helping me out to make tenors my freshman year, were working on snare stuff now though)

thats a hour, then probably another 2-3 hours of playing throughout the day
    each day

So probably around 15 hours?