Thread: Scored a Roc N Soc Hydraulic Nitro Throne!

User Info Menu

Default Scored a Roc N Soc Hydraulic Nitro Throne!

Scouring my local facebook classified I saw a lightly used black Roc N Soc for sale. Contacted the seller to verify it was the hydraulic model (it was). Went and looked at it tonight and it was like brand new. No wear, no loose threads, hydraulics worked like a dream. Kid said it had never left his basement and I believe him. $90 later and my backside is happy! Check one more thing off my wish list! Next up, upgrade my snare lol.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Scored a Roc N Soc Hydraulic Nitro Throne!

That's an awesome deal OldEnglishD. I really like the nitro lift. I find myself changing the height of the throne a lot and having the option of changing the height on the fly is a huge plus for me. Did you or are you going to get the back rest too? I highly recommend looking into the backrest. I don't use mine as I play but in between songs, it's nice to be able to lean back and take some stress off of the lower back area.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    That's an awesome deal OldEnglishD. I really like the nitro lift. I find myself changing the height of the throne a lot and having the option of changing the height on the fly is a huge plus for me. Did you or are you going to get the back rest too? I highly recommend looking into the backrest. I don't use mine as I play but in between songs, it's nice to be able to lean back and take some stress off of the lower back area.
    It didn't come with the back rest, but I am considering getting one. I know you can order them separately. I played on it for 40 minutes last night and really liked how comfortable it was.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I have the optional backrest and I love it.
    I just love how comfortable the hydraulic option is.
    As I move around playing the throne moves with me.
    Some love it some hate it but I love it.

User Info Menu

My throne is not hydraulic but I have the back rest and I just took it off I personally found it annoying.
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vlopez1130 View Post
    My throne is not hydraulic but I have the back rest and I just took it off I personally found it annoying.
    Hmmm, let me know if you want to sell the backrest, I may be interested lol.

User Info Menu

I'm holding on to it for now maybe one day I will change my mind on it. I didn't like it because I have limited room where my kit is and I couldn't just swing a leg over and sit down I had to turn the throne to sit then work my e.g. behind the snare etc. I can see where guys playing long gigs would like it.
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.