I like this pad but I would like to have more control over how it feels. Unfortunately, Sabian made it very difficult to tune the head, as it is not possible to simply adjust the lugs because they are locked down by some sort of nut sitting on the bottom. Here is a youtube video showing the problem: https://youtu.be/tgI0W0JOGNM?t=1m40s I messaged the guy to ask him what he did but he said he never actually tuned it.

So it appears I need some sort of clamp to hold the nut in place while I adjust with the drum key. Now ideally I would be able to do this without having to hold the clamp with my hand, making it much less cumbersome. Then I would also want all 6 of the lugs clamped simultaneously so I could just go around with the drum key like you would on a regular drum. So basically I need 6 clamps that are all hands free, or at least that's what I've managed to learn from the very limited information available.

I emailed Sabian to see how they would say how to tune it but got no response. Pretty ridiculous since tuning is an advertised feature.