Thread: Any love for Roger Hawkins on here?

User Info Menu

Default Any love for Roger Hawkins on here?

Been listening to quite a bit of Wilson Pickett and Areatha Franklin lately and becoming a huge fan of Roger Hawkins Drumming he lays down some tasty grooves.......his hi-hat sticking is great.....as a beginner i am in awe got a lot to learn i'm getting the snare and kick patterns quite well but putting it all together with the hi-hat is proving tricky but only been playing 4 months

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any love for Roger Hawkins on here?

I'm a huge fan of Roger Hawkins and a big fan of how the Swampers helped shape the Motown sound when Aretha recorded at the Muscle Shoals studio back in the '60's. In my opinion, Hawkin's performance with Traffic on "The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" track was mesmerizing.

Last edited by late8; 10-27-2017 at 12:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Any love for Roger Hawkins on here?

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I'm a huge fan of Roger Hawkins and a big fan of how the Swampers helped shape the Motown sound when Aretha recorded at the Muscle Shoals studio back in the '60's. In my opinion, Hawkin's performance with Traffic on "The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" track was mesmerizing.

That was great thankyou very much....i knew David Hood was Muscle Shoals resident Bassist but on my cd's it's mainly Tommy Cogbill on Bass but fantastic watching cheers