Thread: I'm back to drumming.

User Info Menu

Default I'm back to drumming.

Hi everyone, I know it's been awhile since I have posted on here. Just have been busy studying for my ham license which I past my test earlier this month. So now I am ready to get back into my drumming. Haven't practiced much on my new Ludwig breakbeat which after tuning it up sounds amazing for such a small kit. Guess you could say since I took first place in the talent show but wasn't picked to go to the finals. I gave up on drumming and started studying for my ham radio license. At least I accomplished that. But now I am going to get back on the drums and maybe post some videos and try to put myself out there on the market. Maybe get some gigs somewhere. We don't have a lot of music here in Oklahoma. Well anyhow glad to be back.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: I'm back to drumming.

Keep fighting. I think we have all be turned down for something at one point or another during our drumming careers, but I personally have always taken those moments and done my best to improve my drumming. Then I do what I can do to show them how big of a mistake they made by not picking me, and do it with a smile!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Agreed. That fact that you weren't picked to go to the finals means absolutely nothing. Big deal. What really matters is that you committed to it, worked hard and gave it a shot. That's an indication of character, and I, for one, greatly admire and respect that. I wish I could be more like that.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Welcome back Gregg! Hey congrats on taking first place. I know it means a lot but not making it to the finals means they won't get to see you play which is a loss for them so don't give up. My uncle was HAM operator during the '60's and he had a bunch of HAM radio stuff including a very tall antenna that he was very proud of. Good luck on the test.

"Over and Out"

User Info Menu

I suspect playing drums in a talent show is a long shot, unless you're a Buddy Rich or something. Most people don't (or can't) fully appreciate what it takes...unless they are drummers themselves. I think taking first place is a huge accomplishment!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham