Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My wife's gonna kill me

User Info Menu

Default Re: My wife's gonna kill me

Man, I know used drums depreciate pretty badly, but that seems awfully low for a kit that size! Am I missing something Late?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Man, I know used drums depreciate pretty badly, but that seems awfully low for a kit that size! Am I missing something Late?
    Bob, Pearl Exports don't fetch much on the used drum market. I priced comparable kits with hardware and cymbals and folks are asking way too much in my humble opinion, in some cases $800+ for a beat up Pearl Export kit with single braced hardware and B8 Sabians or Zildjian ZBTs all over the kit.

I found the perfect buyer; a guy who walked away from his kit 20 years ago and was itching to get back to where he had left off. He didn't care for the color but that didn't matter. He just wanted two bass drums and a bunch of rack toms. The timing was perfect. The buyer was meeting a guy at the local hardware store to buy a rack when I returned his email. I rushed down within a few hours and met the buyer at the same hardware store parking lot where we made the deal. I peaked into his car and noticed a old rusty rack with a bunch of mismatched parts. I knew at that moment this buyer was on a budget.

I'm done searching for "the kit". I got three that I'm keeping till it's time to take my dirt nap; Gretsch, DW and Ludwig.

Gone Left to right-

'69 Zickos -trade deal for Ludwig BB. Paid $650 for snare. Sold Zickos kit for $750

Pork Pie Little Squeeler with 24" kick- Paid $899- Sold for $550

'70s Premier APK- paid $225 Sold for $225

'89 Pearl Export Birch/Luan Dlb. bass- paid $450 sold for $375

Last edited by late8; 11-20-2017 at 01:57 PM.

User Info Menu

I'm done searching for "the kit". I got three that I'm keeping till it's time to take my dirt nap; Gretsch, DW and Ludwig.
    good choices for your perma sets my friend. I could see my way to the end of the line with any of those sets.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    good choices for your perma sets my friend. I could see my way to the end of the line with any of those sets.

all the best...
    Thanks kay-gee!

User Info Menu

Congratulations on surviving the wife’s ire, Rich. I actually had my first drum purchases sent to a buddy’s house. In retrospect, pretty silly... it’s not like I wasn’t going to have to bring them home sometime ��
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

C'mon guys, who is the man of the house????

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Yeah, you Know I'm hopefully retiring in March as a Bachelor. If I was married one of my drum kits would be a dinning room set!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Yeah, you Know I'm hopefully retiring in March as a Bachelor. If I was married one of my drum kits would be a dinning room set!
    I've been married twice. I am not going for the 3rd strike. I asked a old friend of mine who has been married for over 40 years how they did it. He said that it was really simple, they haven't talked to each other for the past 20 years.

User Info Menu

Yes Late, you kept the right sets.
    Drummer MD, Rick, I hear ya. I'm single for the duration and am more than fine with it. I love the freedom. I'm retired now and some times miss having a partner now that I don't see people as much... then I remember, and think of all the, um, other stuff.
    Buy, go, do what I want when I want.
    Gonna go spend a couple days with my sons for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Chat Brethren...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cabasner View Post
    Congratulations on surviving the wife’s ire, Rich. I actually had my first drum purchases sent to a buddy’s house. In retrospect, pretty silly... it’s not like I wasn’t going to have to bring them home sometime ��
    Sent the kit to a buddy's house? Oh Curt! Good thing it wasn't your DW Collector's with the natural Cherry finish right??

Ahhh...Let me go ask the wife...

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Hope everything works out in March. That Saturn kit with the burl finish would look good with a set of dining room chairs around it?

I've been married twice. I am not going for the 3rd strike. I asked a old friend of mine who has been married for over 40 years how they did it. He said that it was really simple, they haven't talked to each other for the past 20 years.
    hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by noreastbob View Post
    Yes Late, you kept the right sets.
    Drummer MD, Rick, I hear ya. I'm single for the duration and am more than fine with it. I love the freedom. I'm retired now and some times miss having a partner now that I don't see people as much... then I remember, and think of all the, um, other stuff.
    Buy, go, do what I want when I want.
    Gonna go spend a couple days with my sons for Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all Chat Brethren...
    Thanks Bob!