Thread: New cymbals on the way

User Info Menu

Default New cymbals on the way

I found a Black Friday deal and got a full set of Sabian XSR cymbals for $550 shipped to my door. It has 14 inch hats, a 14, 16, and 18 inch crash, 10 inch splash, and 20 inch ride.

I've been wanting to upgrade from my B8X cymbals and the time and money was right.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: New cymbals on the way

Congratulations on your upgrade! And the price is good to. I'm eyeballing a 16" XSR crash at my local GC. But black Friday GC has a 16" AAX studio crash for $99-.

User Info Menu

I got my shipping confirmation. They will be here tomorrow. I got lucky and they shopped from a warehouse about 3 hours from me!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Congrats on the new pies!
    It's awesome that you were able to get a full matching set. I think you'll really like the upgrade.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Always great to get new pies, congrats. I just got my 14" stagg dh crash and whoa...I think I am gonna order a whole set of them
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Thanks guys. I've had my eyes on these for a while. I know they're not the top of the line Sabians, but I believe they will fit my needs as a blues/rock/worship drummer.

User Info Menu

Got them in

User Info Menu

They look and sound great! I pulled the trigger on that 16" AAX crash for $99. I got the last one, the guy said while supplies last that it. $215 cymbal for $99. Trying it out tomorrow

User Info Menu

Thanks, Goro. I am happy with them. I'm planning on gigging with them this week!

User Info Menu

The set up

20171130_154441.jpg

User Info Menu

^^Nice!

User Info Menu

It is ALWAYS nice to get new cymbals. May they give you years of musical joy. I am also a blues / classic rock / praise and worship drummer. Peace and goodwill.
    Mark Wellman - drummer for Jesus; Mapex MPX snare, Mapex Black Panther Venom snare, Mapex Saturn bass drum and toms / Sabian AAX, SR2/ Evans / LA Backbeat

Church Drummer's Army