Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Commerce Forum

User Info Menu

Default A Commerce Forum

I think It'd be a good idea to have a commerce forum. I know that not many people are looking to sell stuff, but I think they maybe don't think about it when they're on here. I've been a part of other forums that have had very successfull commerce sections.

Thoughts?
    http://www.drumchat.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3906&dateline=1196908  888
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

That's why we have eBay and Musicians Friend. I think there was a thread that covered this already.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Warno, I think the idea was to not have a "for sale" section because this is a place to share knowledge. They just didn't want people becoming members so that they could sell stuff, and not participate in the knowledge exchange.

You can check with Drummer, but I'm sure "they" haven't changed their mind.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

That's exactly right PB. I think Drum Bum is putting together something but not 100% on that. I know they have a section on their site now for classifieds but you can't put pictures up yet. But it's free so that helps.
    I just searched the link:

http://store.drumbum.com/drums/class...s-drumming.htm

User Info Menu

I think having a commerce forum would be a good idea. I have allsorts of cymbals that I could sell, and about the sharing knoledge thing, I think that if people do just want to buy stuff they wouldn't straight away come to Drum Chat they would go to bigger sites like Ebay where they are almost guareented to get what they want

User Info Menu

I agree, I think a commerce section would be nice. I don't think it would take away from the knowledge exchange at all, but rather, add a new dimension to the sharing. I'm a member of a few other forums that do this... and there is a huge wealth of knowledge, as well as the buying and selling. The people that would just come here to sell stuff, may find themselves drawn into the knowledge sharing as well. I think it would be a great resource for drumchat all around.
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.

User Info Menu

I would like a for sale section also !
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

I think there was a thread that covered this already.
    Sorry, I searched but nothing came up.

Warno, I think the idea was to not have a "for sale" section because this is a place to share knowledge. They just didn't want people becoming members so that they could sell stuff, and not participate in the knowledge exchange.

You can check with Drummer, but I'm sure "they" haven't changed their mind.
    That is a valid point PB. However, due to the fact that this is first and foremost a knowledge sharing site, people would not come here just to sell stuff. As 32nd HeartBeat said, people who look to sell drumming equipment and not be part of a knowledge base look to places like E-bay. But people who are already a part of this site, may find it nice to sell to other members . People won't come here soley to sell merchandise in my opinion. I am part of another forum called MIA, Michigan Airsoft, dedicated to the underground sport of Airsoft which I was a part of for a time. They had a very sucessful commerce section, and the only people who bought/sold/traded things were well established members of the community. http://miairsoft.proboards70.com/

I think people will come for the knowledge base and then look to see about buying/selling, after they've joined the community and contributed. I just think it would be good to sell/buy amongst our community here. But that's just one person's oppinion, and as the text under my username says, "Junior Member (Newbie)". I find it really admirable that there is a love of the knowledge base and a want to not destroy it.
    "Did you hear that Robin? 'Were'. 'Were'! DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT AGAIN! I'M BARRRY GIBB! I'LL PUT YOU IN THE GROUND! PUT-YOU-IN--THE-GROUND--YeaH!

User Info Menu

Warno, I can appreciate what you and some others are saying. The thing that we all need to keep in mind is that Drum Chat was formed to be different from other drum chat forums. Drum Chat was formed to be a place where G-PG chat could take place, and it has been successful in creating an incredible community by focusing on the main thing. Many good enterprises go astray when they begin growing, and try to become all things to all people. They lose their original focus, and then they become just another place, like everyone else. By maintaining their reason for being in the first place, Drum Chat has been very successful at creating a special place for drummers (and a few other musicians) to come and feel at home. I'm sure that the administrators have taken notice of the request for a commerce forum. We now have to let them decide what they want this site to be.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

User Info Menu

Yeah, It's all cool. Just a though I had

User Info Menu

I e-mailed Drum Bum to see how they want to handle this. Waiting for a reply.

User Info Menu

Sorry, I never posted this but Drum Bum informed me some time ago that they are considering putting up a classifieds site at DrumClassifieds.com. If it happens, I'm sure we will include a link to it somewhere on this site.

User Info Menu

I looked at Drum Bums deal and that looks pretty good and seems like it would work better with pictures. I gp to a softball forum where we have a buy/sell board. It has worked well 99% of the time. But......that 1% can be a booger. Some folks I know have been ripped off. The key to the one over there is feedback which is left similar to Ebay. If you deal with someone you leave a brief feed back in their feedback thread. IF you have none or little feedback you have to establish yourself as far as shipping first, paying first, ect.....Here is an idea of how the feedback thread works :Daves Feedback Thread

Im good with whatever Drumchat does though. This site is already great and Im sure it will only get better.
    Dave

Frank "Fiacovaz" Iacovazzi
    RIP my friend

Proud member of "PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY"

User Info Menu

I agree that this site is already great. I do see both sides of the coin however. As a member, I would like the opportunity to purchase other members cast-off gear as, in most cases based on the members history, interaction with other members and your own sense of who you are buying from through personal interaction, you'll be able to know whether the gear has been well taken care of. Whereas on Ebay, you never know what you are getting until after the item is received. Plus, and I speak only for myself, I tend to have a personal affinity to my own gear and, when I upgrade, I like to know that my "for sale" gear is going to someone who will appreciate it. Ebay & Craigs Lists are so impersonal - here we all have a "relationship" which makes the transaction that much sweeter for both parties. Just my two cents.

Stix
    Encouragement = Fertilizer for the seed of desire
    & the flower of accomplishment.

Sonor S-Class -Ash

22 Bass, 8, 10, 12, 14 Rack, 16 Floor
    14X5 D454 Chrome Snare
    21 Zildjian Ride, 21 Zilco Crash Ride, 15 Sabian AAX Dark Crash
    14 Sabian XS20 Medium Crash, 13 Sabian El Sabor Splash, 13 Zildjian A Custom Hats
    10 Paiste Twenty Splash, 10 Zildjian A Splash, 6 Zildjian Zilbel
    Tama Iron Cobra 2X Pedal & Hatstand, Pearl Icon Rack

www.myspace.com/stix51861

User Info Menu

Yeah this seems like a good idea, gonna throw in that since we all seem to get to know each other and get along there's a bit more trust that we'll follow through with deals and things instead of ripping each other off. And as stated earlier, people wouldn't come just to sell stuff, they'd go to the bigger sites where they know there stuff would sell.

ThePloughman Guest

Trust only goes so far. And while I would like the opportunity to post things for sale or trade, I also recognize there already exists a host of other avenues to do that in. Many of which I have successfully used, and will continue to use. I may mention I have such and such an item, and if theres interest in it......fine. I did not join here for sales.
    And on another forum that does allow sales, a somewhat trusted member seriously scammed another member over an item that turned out to be nothing as it was described. And it got rather nasty over the MONTHS it took to resolve the issue. No one benefitted from that. There are pluses to allowing sales...... and with those are some serious disadvantages that can cause much ill feeling and venemous comment.

Just my thoughts.

User Info Menu

Default Re: A Commerce Forum

Idk what you guys think about this idea, but another forum im on requires you to have a certain number of legitimate posts to be able to access the Commerce forum. By doing that you weed out the people who just want to sell stuff and let guys sharing knowledge with each other have the opportunity to buy, sell, and trade their gear. Just a thought, i would much rather buy and sell from a community like this rather than ebay or other sites.

User Info Menu

“The doctor listens in with a stethoscope and hears sounds of a warpath Indian drum.”

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting the link Gretsch!

User Info Menu

It seems to me, as Ploughman hinted, most things that start out with the best of intentions seem to never end up that way. We have a good thing going for the membership here with the Forum and its concept of invitation to sharing knowledge. This is the CORE of the forum and I believe it would be a mistake to move away from that.

User Info Menu

I agree Frank.

User Info Menu

Just a quick little story. 2slow and I actually exchanged gear a while back. No one sent anyone money. Just one day we both agreed we would ship each other what gear the other wanted - an even trade. It worked out great except I don't think either of us still has the gear we traded for. ROFL!!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

There are a ton of places to buy, sell and trade gear on the net nowdaze. But, There is only one drumchat. This forum is fantastic! Everybody here is always helpful. Most of the folks here are incredibly talented, Incredibly smart and never too full of themselves to help anybody out with a given problem or issue. Granted sometimes forced into an opinion regarding an issue. But even an opinion here for the most part is clear and concise and given with clear knowledge. I come here for just that, Dealing with an issue or problem, Honestly alot of times strolling thru the forum I gain quite a bit of inspiration from some genuinely great people. Commerce... Nah, Let these other folks eat the Tylenol. Sometimes the world gets a little goofy and I really enjoy the peace I gain from drumchat...
    Q-Would you buy another one if it were stolen?
    A-Well yeah... But, I'd probly turn into a homicidal maniac first!

User Info Menu

Well said, Drumrbychoice...

User Info Menu

um... stuff
    Thats the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it.