I used to think my band would be the lowest of the low if we couldn't get a gig on NYE..................a night with high demand for live music.
I played a bunch of corporate Christmas parties and a NYE gig for 15 or 16 consecutive years.................and more on and off.
For all those years, I had cash for all my gift-buying needs.
Then...............for the last few years, I got to where I was glad I didn't have a gig on NYE.

This year, while not looking for such a gig, we were approached and have been hired to play a private country club gig for a nice price; they asked for 3 full hours of music and also had two song-requests for us to learn for the gig......................we figured for the money they offered, why not ?
We added some new material to our list lately and will also use this gig to debut those too.
We have a soundman-friend that lives about an hour from our town that has a very high-quality sound system (lights too) that we hire for such private events..........he's expensive................But WOW...............it's worth it..............he makes a band sound terrific...............top notch.............Crown -- JBL -- Neumann -- LED lighting.

Any bands out there making good money on private Christmas/NYE gigs ?

After a good rehearsal last night, I'm actually looking forward to this one.....................sometimes, good private gigs are the best.