Thread: What did you get for Christmas?

User Info Menu

Default What did you get for Christmas?

Drum related or not, what did you get?

I got the Sabian XSR cymbal pack I posted about previously, a few new pairs of Vater 5A sticks, a 60th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster, an RCA Audio Bar for my TV, and a pair of insulated Camo bibs to hunt in.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: What did you get for Christmas?

Walker's Shortbread..........................amazing stuff.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I got a $200 bonus, $50 gift card and a $150 tactical flashlight..all from my employer. That's pretty much it. Didn't get any gifts from anyone else. I guess all those years of being on the "naughty" list is catching up with me, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Drum related or not, what did you get?

I got the Sabian XSR cymbal pack I posted about previously, a few new pairs of Vater 5A sticks, a 60th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster, an RCA Audio Bar for my TV, and a pair of insulated Camo bibs to hunt in.
    What's your verdict on the XSR's? I almost pulled the trigger yesterday on the XSR super pack. Im on the fence between the AAX Xplosion pack and the XSR.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    What's your verdict on the XSR's? I almost pulled the trigger yesterday on the XSR super pack. Im on the fence between the AAX Xplosion pack and the XSR.
    I really like them. I think they are about perfect for blues, gospel, and rock. I got the super pack and love it.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Harley stuff.

User Info Menu

got a 16" AA China, A golf organization rack and a new Golf Rangefinder. Those were my main gifts. Couple misc. shirts and some treats etc.

User Info Menu

Slippers and Socks

User Info Menu

A fifth of Glen Livet, life is good.

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

The Acrolite my son and I refurbished was a Christmas present for me. Drumming son got the complete Groove Essentials by Tommy Igoe (from his drum teacher), Autographed Steve Gadd Masterclass, Vater brushes, Vic Firth 505 Rods, and subscription to Modern Drummer. Guitar son got Ernie Ball Super Slinky strings, a dozen of his favorite Fender picks, guitar stand, music stand, and headphones for his amp. Other non music stuff as well for both.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal