Thread: Mapex Double pedals?

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Double pedals?

Someone is selling these local but does not know the model, any ideas? Looks like something is missing between the left side beater and the right one??
    mapex double.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Double pedals?

Looks to be the way it is made.

Here's a pic from another site.

https://images.reverb.com/image/uplo...mubsxxau2a.jpg
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

I don't like the way the pedal pulls down on the end of the shaft on the primary beater---as a machinist this was a deciding factor when I made the move to doubles, and why I ended up buying the Pearl P-902 Powershifters.

960.jpg

User Info Menu

They are mapex p710tw. Retail price in canada a little over 300. I think the design between the two beaters is odd. If you pull the chain down on the main pedal, it's going to pull on the end and put stress where it meets the bearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    They are mapex p710tw. Retail price in canada a little over 300. I think the design between the two beaters is odd. If you pull the chain down on the main pedal, it's going to pull on the end and put stress where it meets the bearing.
    Yeah that looks like a bad design for sure. But for only $50 it may be worth it to see if double pedal is something I want to pursue.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hippychip View Post
    I don't like the way the pedal pulls down on the end of the shaft on the primary beater---as a machinist this was a deciding factor when I made the move to doubles, and why I ended up buying the Pearl P-902 Powershifters.

960.jpg
    I'm not a machinist and I was thinking the same thing. . . . .I don't like the way it's designed. (The Mapex pedals.)

User Info Menu

50 bucks? Go for it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Yeah that looks like a bad design for sure. But for only $50 it may be worth it to see if double pedal is something I want to pursue.
    For $50? Get it!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

They look super clean. for $50 I bet you could even flip them for more.
    That's what I would do at that price tag

User Info Menu

For $50 what do you have to lose? Plus, like Spaz said, you could turn around and sell them for a profit if you don't like them.