Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rescue Dogs

User Info Menu

Default Rescue Dogs

Mrs. Pocket and I have always had dogs. Historically we get puppies. This time around we decided to rescue. This is Reagan and Daphne. Six year old Golden Retrievers. Feels really good to do this.
    IMG_3485.jpg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rescue Dogs

Nice. Depending on the definition of "rescue", that's all there are around here. We have four here and two hanging around the yard trying to be adopted.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I greatly appreciate you rescuing!
    We also rescued our Akitas

User Info Menu

I have two rescues: A 105 lb. Goldendoodle named Brody and a 40lb. Labradoodle named Chloe. Attachment 14592
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    I have two rescues: A 105 lb. Goldendoodle named Brody and a 40lb. Labradoodle named Chloe. Attachment 14592
    Cute dogs man!

User Info Menu

Here's my little rescue. Got her back in March of '17. What a delight....

Signature here

User Info Menu

Outstanding!
    I'm currently down to 5 rescue dogs from our original count of 9.....(and also 5 rescue cats). We have a special license and get inspected every year.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Love my rescue! Currently have a 5 year old boxer female. We lost our rescued 11 year old golden a year ago. Rescues are the best!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Fantastic thread. We had a Pitt we rescued when someone threw him into a dumpster when he was six weeks old. Right now it’s just the two English mastiffs who were not rescues but we’ve decided our next will defenitely be. Oh, my kids did talk me into rescuing a cat last year though...
    DW - PEARL - PDP - ZILDJIAN - EVANS - VIC FIRTH

Click for Gear Pics!

DW Collector's Series - Blue Glass - 10, 12, 14, 16, 23
    Pearl Session Custom - Green Burst - 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22
    PDP CX Maple - Red Glass - 12, 14, 16, 24

Quote Originally Posted by LudwigLifer View Post
    If we had centerfolds for drums,that kit would be in one of them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    105?? That's a big-A doodle!

User Info Menu

Yup, he's jumbo-sized. People usualy think of the tea-cup sized poodles, and forget that a standard poodle is a very tall animal. Mix it with another large dog like a golden retriever and you have a 100lb lap dog. He's so smart that he learned how to open the latch on the screen door. He's also so stupid that he gets his ears wet whenever he drinks. Truly my best buddy!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

They're settling in and adjusting quite nicely
    IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3513.jpg
    IMG_3495.jpg

User Info Menu

My daughter just rescued a female Chihuahua.................8 months old and 5 pounds.................very sweet dog.

A PARVO survivor..................
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Rescued animals seem to understand that they were actually saved and they usually have extraordinary personalities.

We have had several rescues along the last 45 years and currently have our rescue cat, Murphy, and he's very intuitive as to when we are
    needy ourselves.
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

We've had these two for six months now.....they're getting more comfortable with each passing month
    IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg

User Info Menu

Marc, my neighbor has two dogs (sisters) very similar to your two. Very beautiful dogs!!! Way to go, my friend!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Thank you sir.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    We've had these two for six months now.....they're getting more comfortable with each passing month
    IMG_0035.jpg
    IMG_3556.jpg
    IMG_0232.jpg
    Wow. Beautiful dogs! They look pretty settled in to me. Another 6 month’s and they’ll be sleeping on your bed while you occupy the couch!
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Wow. Beautiful dogs! They look pretty settled in to me. Another 6 month’s and they’ll be sleeping on your bed while you occupy the couch!
    Thanks. They are good dogs that needed a good home.

User Info Menu

Not exactly a dog, but a rescue of sorts...
    EC7C430B-4B8A-4A4E-BDFD-CEF1937C57AF.jpg
    This little guy showed up just over a week ago on our front patio. His mom & dad were hanging around for a while. Every time you walk out the door, the mommy bird would start flopping around doing the “come get ME, I’m injured” act. Now it’s just this little guy hanging out on our front patio. He’ll get within a couple feet of you if you sit still. Last Saturday he sat up on the roof of my van all afternoon and watched while I replaced the thermostat and a heater hose on it, LOL.
    He’ll actually fly away for a few hours, but comes right back and sits under a bush or perched on my BBQ grill.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Got up, ate, pooped, played a bit......now back to sleeping:
    GvBVt6uCTDKVLA3VOPmWrA.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Unconditional love, that's what you get from a pup.

Frosty sleeps on the bed with me, and, in her old age, she snores like a truckdriver. She also faces the foot of the bed which means her butt is aiming right at me, so when she gets gas, which is almost every night, I have to turn and face the other side of the bed. It does kill any mosquitoes that got into the house, so that's a plus.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    in her old age, she snores like a truckdriver. She also faces the foot of the bed which means her butt is aiming right at me, so when she gets gas, which is almost every night, I have to turn and face the other side of the bed. It does kill any mosquitoes that got into the house, so that's a plus.
    Yep. It’s the same thing after 19yrs of marriage.
    -Brian