Thread: Dave Holland 69 rip

User Info Menu

Default Dave Holland 69 rip

no reports of the cause. Played on some of Judas Priests biggest selling albums. Albums that I completely wore out during the 80's. I liked his in the pocket style he was a good drummer imho.

His image was tainted by the abuse allegations against him as drum instructor. I don't condone or defend those allegations at all that's all on him. But I still love listening to those classic albums... as a whole band collectively.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dave Holland 69 rip

Yeah, good drummer. Too bad about all that other stuff. RIP.

User Info Menu

Another famous drummer leaving us. R.i.P. Dave you will be remembered in your drumming legacy.

User Info Menu

His Priest stuff is good........................but his best was in Trapeze.....................listen to MEDUSA (1970)................the whole album is great.
    With Glenn Hughes and Mel Galley, one of the all-time best power trio albums ever released.
    Incredibly influential and underrated, IMHO....................it made it's mark on me and my rock-buddies in our teens.

RIP Mr. Holland.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Just saw this too... RIP Dave

User Info Menu

RIP.....he played on quite a few Iconic Priest lp's....Rock solid if my memory serves me well

User Info Menu

I edited my original post, I just remembered my mother told me if you can't say something nice......
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 02-03-2018 at 11:10 AM.