Thread: Aquarian Batter Head Fit -- Follow Up

User Info Menu

Default Aquarian Batter Head Fit -- Follow Up

Hey Yall..................

Just wanted you to know...............
    I posted an earlier thread about a fit problem I'm having with Aquarian heads.

I decided to send an email to the company and tell them my situation...............I got an immediate response and the Aquarian representative asked if he could call me.
    We had a 10-minute conversation about the heads I've used -- Classic Clears -- Super 2s -- SK2 and SK10 -- Hi Impact snare -- and now Focus X -- and how some of these had fit problems. And..............I confessed and made sure he knew I was using '77 Gretsch Jaspers...............he said that, yes........those would likely be tight.

He is sending me replacement tom batters in the American Vintage series which are a little bigger.............I didn't ask -- he offered.
    I might like them and I might not..................but it was good of the company to attempt to make things right and I wanted all of you to know.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Aquarian Batter Head Fit -- Follow Up

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Hey Yall..................

Just wanted you to know...............
    I posted an earlier thread about a fit problem I'm having with Aquarian heads.

I decided to send an email to the company and tell them my situation...............I got an immediate response and the Aquarian representative asked if he could call me.
    We had a 10-minute conversation about the heads I've used -- Classic Clears -- Super 2s -- SK2 and SK10 -- Hi Impact snare -- and now Focus X -- and how some of these had fit problems. And..............I confessed and made sure he knew I was using '77 Gretsch Jaspers...............he said that, yes........those would likely be tight.

He is sending me replacement tom batters in the American Vintage series which are a little bigger.............I didn't ask -- he offered.
    I might like them and I might not..................but it was good of the company to attempt to make things right and I wanted all of you to know.
    That's excellent customer service for you! Good that you called!

User Info Menu

That makes me love Aquarian even more! Good to hear.
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam
    "I shall either find a way or make one"

User Info Menu

Wanted to share my experience on Aquarian's customer service since it's related to this thread. I was missing one 10" coated Performance 2 batter on my last order (1/26/18). I found my packing slip and discovered my heads were shipped from a retail store out of Illinois. Apparently, Aquarian does not sell directly to customers but instead they rely on a string of retailers who are official Aquarian dealers across the U.S. to full-fill orders placed from Aquarian's official homepage.

I called the retailer and he said he would take care of the missing head and ship it out ASAP. After three days with no tracking number, I opened a case file against the retailer through a 3rd party product distributor who handles Aquarian products but I got nothing but an automated email response stating that I would be contacted via email soon.

Soon never came so I called Aquarian directly (thanks Ricardo) and spoke to a customer service rep who set the wheels in motion for me.

Aquarian called the vendor and resolved the issue over the phone and my head is apparently on its way along with a discount coupon that goes towards my next head purchase. I'm pretty confident I'll be seeing the new head soon and hanging with Aquarian a bit longer.
    Last edited by late8; 02-01-2018 at 05:23 PM.

User Info Menu

I am an Evans guy, but appreciate good customer service. They did you a solid!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I too had an issue with a head (6" Modern Vintage Med.) from a dealer from Ebay. When I put the head on - it split within 3 hits. Even when I put the head on - it felt really dry and stiff as if it was stored next to a heating pipe. I contacted Aquarian, they shipped me out 2 replacement heads (even though they had never heard of the Ebay reseller). Great customer service and they stand by their product.

User Info Menu

I have trouble fitting my toms, but I still believe the SK10 is the best bass batter I've ever played.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

IIRC the X series was a problem for my Mapex MBirch toms when I had them. They were too tight and wouldn't work. Haven't used Aquarian since then except on my bass drums. Been about 12 years. Loyal to Evans now for all things tom related.
    Signature here