Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    The coating on the new 12” Studio X head chipped off after just one hour of playing. I was extremely disappointed as a result of this since the coated Super 2 heads I bought three years ago still look new.

    5BF65D4F-4F5C-4855-A36F-CEBAC285BEEE.jpg

    3E834BAE-88C3-4C75-B630-41BA8ABBCFF5.jpg

    I wrote Aquarian an email and within 10 minutes I received a reply back from management

    Me:

    1CDAF86A-D76A-4886-BC1E-7E0095EF6B74.jpg

    Aquarian:

    60E2D461-F435-4866-9FAE-B9B783B6CA62.jpg

    I understand that a bad batch of heads could make its way out of the loading dock and I know the other two companies also have had QC issues from time to time but my faith has been restored and I’ll continue to buy Aquarian heads.

  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Nice, I am sure Remo and Evans would do the same thing as well. Hopefully I never have to find out.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    Sabian HHX Legacy

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Good to hear they are treating you right.

    But maybe they saw your recent 'heads thread' - who would want to lose your custom?

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    That’s awesome! That’s good customer service. No questions asked. It shows they had a problem, admitted to it, and fixed it. Not like the time I had to convince Sabian for a week that they sent me the wrong cymbal

    I really want to try Aquarian heads next time. Cheaper than Remo too. I bet they even fit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Thats awesome! Thats good customer service. No questions asked. It shows they had a problem, admitted to it, and fixed it. Not like the time I had to convince Sabian for a week that they sent me the wrong cymbal

    I really want to try Aquarian heads next time. Cheaper than Remo too. I bet they even fit better.
    I have a studio X on my Tama snare right now and I already gigged with it as well. No issues yet, so far, but I'll keep a sharp eye out!

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    I don't get bothered by things like that... esp that only cost about 12 bucks

    Come to think of it, I've returned fries to the counter at Mcdonalds and asked if the hot ones were the same price!

    all the best...

    all the best...

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Nice, I am sure Remo and Evans would do the same thing as well. Hopefully I never have to find out.
    I should of been more pro-active with customer service when I had QC issues with Remo and Evans a few years ago. Evans I heard is pretty good at resolving QC issues. Remo??

    The coating chipped away on the Remo CS snare batter within a few days worth of playing:

    remo.jpg

    Evans had issues with a batch of clear EC2 heads before the redesigned to the Level 360 hoop. Sections of the honeycomb eq control ring were chipping off.

    evansec2.jpg

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    LOL, wow that evans chip is a real stretch no?? I mean they are heads and get hit hard and possibly with unnoticeable chipped sticks. But I get the gist, you like aquarian and that's cool.

    I have 2 remo control sounds and I also have evans ec2 on my gigging kit toms and they have all held up for close to a year now, however if I look really close for a chip like that I may just find it. I tried aquarian when I 1st started drumming (SKII) and was very disappointed and have not tried em since but not solely because of that but mostly because I have not had a reason to. But I may give em a try down the road sometime.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    Sabian HHX Legacy

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    I should of been more pro-active with customer service when I had QC issues with Remo and Evans a few years ago. Evans I heard is pretty good at resolving QC issues. Remo??

    The coating chipped away on the Remo CS snare batter within a few days worth of playing:

    remo.jpg

    Evans had issues with a batch of clear EC2 heads before the redesigned to the Level 360 hoop. Sections of the honeycomb eq control ring were chipping off.

    evansec2.jpg
    THe same thing happened to my ec2’s. The one on my 12” was fine but the 13” was 100x worse than the pick. There wasn’t a single inch that didn’t have chips
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    I've had tons of issues with Evans over the years.
    Great sounding heads ,but the coatings were crap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    A drum head is the only item I can think of that was created for the sole purpose of being beaten upon. (except a punching bag)

    all the best...

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    The coating on the new 12” Studio X head chipped off after just one hour of playing. I was extremely disappointed as a result of this since the coated Super 2 heads I bought three years ago still look new.
    Mr. Brady sent me three batter heads for my toms when the set of Focus X heads did not fit.
    I received the American Vintage coated single ply -- I have not yet tried them due to my surprise of clear Emps sounding so great.
    Nevertheless................Aquarian will try their best to respond to drummers concerns................good company.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    LOL, wow that evans chip is a real stretch no?? I mean they are heads and get hit hard and possibly with unnoticeable chipped sticks.
    The gist of this thread is ALL companies have had issues and I posted examples to make my point. The chipping of the muff ring on the inside of the clear EC2 heads was old news and my new clear EC2 heads are holding up fine. I haven't gone back to any coated Remo heads but still use the clear Ambass and Emps.

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    THe same thing happened to my ec2’s. The one on my 12” was fine but the 13” was 100x worse than the pick. There wasn’t a single inch that didn’t have chips
    I hear ya Mike. Did you email Evans and notify the customer service people when it happened? Thanks...
    Last edited by late8; 02-20-2018 at 08:52 AM.

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    The gist of this thread is ALL companies have had issues and I posted examples to make my point. The chipping of the muff ring on the inside of the clear EC2 heads was old news and my new clear EC2 heads are holding up fine. I haven't gone back to any coated Remo heads but still use the clear Ambass and Emps.
    I put on a brand new Remo ps3 on my new BP snare yesterday and after about 20 minutes I noticed a very small chip. I then looked at my stick and sure enough I had a splintered tip on it. Sometimes I use my chipped and not so great condition sticks for practice. I really need to start checking the tips before playing.

    I actually bought an Aquarian Hi Performance snare side that was on sale. I am trying to decide which snare to throw it on. It is only a 3-mil and has the safety strips for the wires. Should I put it on my cheap Sonor Birch snare, My DW collectors, the pork pie bob, or the new black panther that I still have not identified the wood type? decisions decisions.... right now the birch snare is by far the worst of the bunch.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    Sabian HHX Legacy

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    I don't expect much from heads because they are designed to take a beating and there's a lot of variables involved.
    I had put on a brand new GMAD batter head and forgot my normal beaters at home! Luckily I had my new custom wood beaters.
    By the end of one show my head was so ugly... I was so mad at those beaters.
    I've never used them again and changed the head and kept the one as a back up. (which is now being used lol )
    14pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage (24pc in total) | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 9pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 7pc PDP Classic Concept Maple | 4pc PDP Classic Concept Maple BOP | 5pc Sonor International | 5pc Ddrum Dominion | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 65 Snare drums and growing!

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    The gist of this thread is ALL companies have had issues and I posted examples to make my point. The chipping of the muff ring on the inside of the clear EC2 heads was old news and my new clear EC2 heads are holding up fine. I haven't gone back to any coated Remo heads but still use the clear Ambass and Emps.

    I hear ya Mike. Did you email Evans and notify the customer service people when it happened? Thanks...
    I didn’t but I switched to Remo right after that. I wasn’t happy with the sound of the ec2s anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I didn’t but I switched to Remo right after that. I wasn’t happy with the sound of the ec2s anyway.
    I had the EC2s on the DW kit. Toms sounded choked up. Took them off and went back to stock heads for a bit.
    This showed up on my front door when I got home from work. It’s from Aquarian. Fast!

    CF7F7736-1FF1-425D-8F6A-2F0564000CB0.jpg

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I didn’t but I switched to Remo right after that. I wasn’t happy with the sound of the ec2s anyway.
    I am the opposite. I love clear EC2 on my maple kit. Never had any issues with chipping etc and my heads have been on there 3 years. I don't gig so they are basically just used for practice.

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Well I finally decided to throw my Aquarian Hi energy snare side head on my new to me DW copper snare and I also bought an Aquarian Reflector series batter and WOW WOW WOW, this thing sounds phenomenal. I could not get an over tone out of it unless I dial it wayyyyy down or wayyyyy high. No moongel or tape needed with this combination and thats saying something because this copper snare had a coated amb, on it and rang for days. I am very impressed with this snare head combination, if you have not tried at least the reflector series snare head I highly recommend it.

    20181021_191541.jpg
    20181021_191551.jpg
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    Sabian HHX Legacy

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  20. #20

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Well I finally decided to throw my Aquarian Hi energy snare side head on my new to me DW copper snare and I also bought an Aquarian Reflector series batter and WOW WOW WOW, this thing sounds phenomenal. I could not get an over tone out of it unless I dial it wayyyyy down or wayyyyy high. No moongel or tape needed with this combination and thats saying something because this copper snare had a coated amb, on it and rang for days. I am very impressed with this snare head combination, if you have not tried at least the reflector series snare head I highly recommend it.

    20181021_191541.jpg
    20181021_191551.jpg
    OK I just ordered a Texture coated Reflector series snare head 13" for my Black Magic Ludwig snare! I hope it sounds good!

  21. #21

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    It's a very warm sounding head.. your going to love it.. Let me know when you get it and what you think.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    Sabian HHX Legacy

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

  22. #22

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    The heads sound great -- it has also been my experience that the Aquarian coating lasts twice as long as the competitor heads.

    I use Aquarian on my bass and snare -- both sound great.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)


  23. #23

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    I have that same copper snare drum. Absolutely love it. Come to think of it, I think I have an Aquarian head on it as well.

    Only downside is the thing weighs a ton. But I really dont mind.

  24. #24

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    I actually discovered Aquarian by accident, and that was one of the best accidents ever. I had been using Evans G2's on toms and G1's on snare, Emads on bass - your standard setup pretty much. But they were out of G1's and powercenters which I liked as a second choice; but they were also out of ambassadors at the time. So there I was at my shop kinda freakin a little and the guy tells me he has a few Aquarians that have a similar sound, so I figure what the heck I might as well try it. It was like once I put it on, I knew it would be hard take it off or go back again. Real great heads, but like any other company - you can sometimes end up with the runt of the litter. Fortunately, I haven't had that happen so I haven't needed to call customer service - but i'm confident that if ever I had to, they'd treat customers like their own family and fix em right up.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

    Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

  25. #25

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: Aquarians Quality Control & Customer Service

    Quote Originally Posted by -bongos- View Post
    I have that same copper snare drum. Absolutely love it. Come to think of it, I think I have an Aquarian head on it as well.

    Only downside is the thing weighs a ton. But I really don’t mind.
    Yeah she is heavy but I really dig the sound as well, I think it would record very well.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    Sabian HHX Legacy

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •