TIA!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Hi Hat Stands - Which One?!

PDP HH820---I have 2, and I love them!

20171213_141153.jpg

User Info Menu

That PDP is a great choice.
    I have the big brother version DW. But it's super heavy. But I don't mind that as it's super sturdy and durable.

User Info Menu

The DW 3000 Series 2 leg hi hat stand might also be a good choice if you like PDP/DW ...

User Info Menu

What really matters is that you have a good two legged stand since you specify a double bass pedal. I personally use all dw 9002s. The base plate for the hat footboard tightens down and acts as the third leg and it's all very steady and sturdy. I assume the 5000s and 3000s are similar as well as other brands.

User Info Menu

I’ve found Yamaha hihat stands to be great. I’ve gone through pdp, dw, and Gibraltar stands. Mines a three leg single brace. Ymmv
    "The chances of being attacked and killed by a terrorist are less than the chances of being attacked and killed by your own heart"
    Carrying the message to Garcia. Today and everyday.
    Temple Beth Snare Buzz-Head Rabbi

User Info Menu

Don't rule out buying a tripod based stand - the tripod can be rotated on most which gives just as much space for a double pedal as a 2 legged stand.

I have an old Tama Roadpro and a Sonor 400 series HH. The Tama has 5 pre-sets for spring tension (which also raises the pedal slightly) and the Sonor has a twisty type adjuster. Both are good but the Tama is the one I prefer, even though the Sonor theoretically has more adjustment.

I think the current H205 HH stand is the replacement for the old Iron Cobra stand. As far as I can see it is the same, only with a 6 position, instead of 5 adjuster for tension. They are just under £100 in the UK so I'm guessing they will be around the $100 price range in the US.
    Last edited by crispycritters; 03-12-2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Gibberish