Thread: Metallica WorldWired tour

User Info Menu

Default Metallica WorldWired tour

I've always wanted to see these guys live and they're finally coming here in September! Anybody else going? I'm hoping to hear some of ride the lightning, master of puppets, and and justice for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Default Re: Metallica WorldWired tour

I have seen them 3 times, always a great show. Not sure I will see them this time around as they are going to the west side of the state rather than Detroit.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I know this will offend some people... but I am completely SICK of Metallica.
    I think they were great up till the Black Album.
    Now the local rock radiostation just over plays and kills it for me.
    Our station here has "mandatory metallica" every single day.
    And that not counting them just playing their songs once an hour it feels like.
    They also do whats called Maytallica and play Metallica all day everyday in May.
    It's awful .

And I personally think Lars is boring and mediocre

Other than that... I would though like to see them live though. Just cause it is Metallica.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I know this will offend some people... but I am completely SICK of Metallica.
    I think they were great up till the Black Album.
    Now the local rock radiostation just over plays and kills it for me.
    Our station here has "mandatory metallica" every single day.
    And that not counting them just playing their songs once an hour it feels like.
    They also do whats called Maytallica and play Metallica all day everyday in May.
    It's awful .

And I personally think Lars is boring and mediocre

Other than that... I would though like to see them live though. Just cause it is Metallica.
    I’m sure i’d be sick of them if I was never your shoes too. They never play any Metallica on the radio. The most they do is led zeppelin Tuesday’s but even that’s just 2 songs back to back.

“Lars is boring and mediocre” that’s an understatement. I was watching some videos of live shows and he’s just sloppy. You can even hear it on their recordings. Blackened for example. What the heck is he doing with his feet?

Even though he’s not the best drummer, i’m very excited to see them all live.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike