Thread: Nofx cover

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Nofx cover

Did a little punk cover to test out a new mic I am using on the ride, and some mixing things I learnt. Unfortunately I picked an easy song as I didn't have much time and realized this song has only one tom hit and not much ride work. haha.

Either way I was able to get some decent tones, The XY setup for my overheads helps a ton with phasing issues, and I realize EVERY video mix I have ever done has been completely out of phase, so things can only get better

https://youtu.be/5b4FbOGO1XE

User Info Menu

Default Re: Nofx cover

sounded solid as always!

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

It was a valuable lesson. I have a VERY hard time playing songs like this because I feel like I should be doing fills every 8 bars or whatever and some over the top beats or playing super fast. I don't know if it's to hide my sloppyness or what but it is hard to not overplay haha. It was also weird crashing every 2 bars in this song. It doesn't end... I may do some even more chill drum covers in the future just to get out of my comfort zone.

I also think I broke a plateau in my playing over the last 2 weeks and increased my speed and relaxation in my hands.

User Info Menu

Good work!