Thread: New Crash Cymbal Delivered !

User Info Menu

Default New Crash Cymbal Delivered !

I ordered a new Zildjian K Dark thin crash (16 inch) and I got notice yesterday from the tracking email that the box was on the porch.
    So I open the box (which was labeled INSPECTED FOR ACCURACY) to find a nice new pair of 14 inch Zildjian A Mastersound Hats.
    But the packing slip says it is a 16 inch thin crash..........................great.............. .......shipping clerk on acid.

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Crash Cymbal Delivered !

Ar you gonna ship them back or keep them?

User Info Menu

The hats are priced at over $110 more than the crash; I suspect they will want them shipped back.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

hahahahaha what great observation and inspection skills

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    The hats are priced at over $110 more than the crash; I suspect they will want them shipped back.
    I would not say a word till they figure out their mistake if they ever. Just saying.

User Info Menu

Bummer ....

User Info Menu

You’d be surprised. Sabian let my keep the 16” aax xplosion they sent instead of the 18”. Then they sent the 18” too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Why does this never happen to me?
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Not trying to condone being dishonest...but if the packing slip in the box says “16” thin crash”, it’s a mis-pull (human error). They have no way of knowing who received what....or that an error was even made. If the packing list was on the outside of the box, then they could have mixed up the boxes in shipping and someone who ordered hats got a crash.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Not trying to condone being dishonest...but if the packing slip in the box says “16” thin crash”, it’s a mis-pull (human error). They have no way of knowing who received what....or that an error was even made. If the packing list was on the outside of the box, then they could have mixed up the boxes in shipping and someone who ordered hats got a crash.
    You could be correct on that.
    I recently sent back about $160 worth of new Aquarian heads that will not fit my old Jasper shells; I have not yet heard anything about a resolution.
    So -- I think I'll just sit back for now and wait.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Update:
    The vendor has credited my account for the proper amount regarding the return of the heads................great.
    The vendor has been informed of the mistake of shipping to me a pair of hats.
    Thus, I was sent an email with a UPS shipping label that includes pre-paid shipping charges and insurance in order to return those hats.........great.
    The vendor has already shipped the proper cymbal (so I'm told) without waiting to receive the returned hats.............amazing.

I admit I am not only satisfied with this response but surprised at the level of trust and professional business courtesy.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Glad it turned out good for your Ricardo. Shows what a great company to deal with no hassles and fast at responding.

User Info Menu

You guys have more in your cymbals than I have in my entire set up lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I know I do lol :P

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I know I do lol :P
    Whip......................

Nothing sounds better to me than an excellent cymbal.
    During all the years of playing, when I find one that "just fits in and has it all", I don't let go of it; every other cymbal is for trade............I sold two last week.

I've got a heavy ride I bought in 1973 that is still amazing..............never found anything better...............and I've looked.
    I've also got a Zildjian "A" thin crash that is just perfect..............got in 1976.
    I bought a pair of 13 inch K hats in 1988 that are perfect for me............I don't want any other pair..........gorgeous.

For this new cymbal, the Zildjian K Dark thin 16 crash is a real good place to start looking; it costs a little more, and there is a reason for that.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

I have $450 in my shells - heads included. $190 in my Mapex Black Panther snare, and $600 in my cymbals. I do hope to upgrade my shells sometime soon to some Saturns.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Whip......................

Nothing sounds better to me than an excellent cymbal.
    During all the years of playing, when I find one that "just fits in and has it all", I don't let go of it; every other cymbal is for trade............I sold two last week.

I've got a heavy ride I bought in 1973 that is still amazing..............never found anything better...............and I've looked.
    I've also got a Zildjian "A" thin crash that is just perfect..............got in 1976.
    I bought a pair of 13 inch K hats in 1988 that are perfect for me............I don't want any other pair..........gorgeous.

For this new cymbal, the Zildjian K Dark thin 16 crash is a real good place to start looking; it costs a little more, and there is a reason for that.
    The common theme I see in this post is that all roads seem to lead back to Zildjian, whether A's or K's

I too have searched the world over so to speak, owned and heard many great cymbals but for my remaining years I will remain with my Zildjians.

The quintessential cymbal of the music world!

all the best...

User Info Menu

I ordered a new Zildjian K Dark thin crash (16 inch) and I got notice yesterday from the tracking email that the box was on the porch.
    So I open the box (which was labeled INSPECTED FOR ACCURACY) to find a nice new pair of 14 inch Zildjian A Mastersound Hats.
    But the packing slip says it is a 16 inch thin crash..........................great.............. .......shipping clerk on acid.

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg
    Hmmmm, I've seen those stickers before, too. Recently, too, I might add.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I do hope to upgrade my shells sometime soon to some Saturns.
    You still need to take a look at the seven perfect-condition Ludwig shells I have in (climate-controlled) storage in your Capitol city.
    The set could be divided into smaller configurations.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

You still need to take a look at the seven perfect-condition Ludwig shells I have in (climate-controlled) storage in your Capitol city.
    The set could be divided into smaller configurations.
    I may do that!

User Info Menu

This is the small rack tom................natural birch finish - smoky chrome hardware - mini Keystone lugs.
    You'll save money..............

New Drums 003.jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Exactly what was inspected? The cardboard?

Last year i ordered a pack of sticks and received 3 packs! I let the seller know and they said to go ahead and keep them.

I am grateful for them doing this... too bad they're made from some kind of watered down hickory.

These things will snap in half if you look at them wrong. Great for theatrics I suppose.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN