Thread: Anybody Like Tico Torres ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Anybody Like Tico Torres ?

My wife wants us to go see Jon Bon Jovi so I guess I'll be watching Tico Torres live next week.
    I don't know much about him and I didn't find him in the DC Famous Drummers pages.
    Information from this link suggests he was a studio guy for a while and joined JBJ in 1983..............long time..............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tico_Torres

Hey cabasner...............
    Tico plays cherry DW shells !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Anybody Like Tico Torres ?

Not a big Bon Jovi fan so.......

User Info Menu

I like his Peal signature snare ,his playing ,not so much.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

My wife is a huge Bon Jovi fan, I avoid his music like the plague.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I may not be into Bon Jovi but it does not mean that I don't like Tico. I like all drummers no matter who they play with. Just being a drummer is good enough for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I may not be into Bon Jovi but it does not mean that I don't like Tico. I like all drummers no matter who they play with. Just being a drummer is good enough for me.
    Kinda agree

all the best...

User Info Menu

Tico is not very flashy, but, he is a very solid drummer. Saw Bon Jovi in the '80's. You should enjoy it.
    1976 Tama Imperialstar Saturn 12+1 Platina6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16 concert toms, 16, 18 floor toms, 2-22x18 Bass drums.
    1971 5x14 Ludwig acrolite snare
    Tama metalworks snare 13x6
    DW collectors Maple Blue Glass7x8, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 11x14, 13x16 hanging toms, 18x23 bass, 8 and 12 timbale toms, 5.5x10 Ten and Six All Maple snare, 5.5x14 Supersolid snare, DW 9000 rack system, DW 5002 Double bass pedal, DW 5000 Hi-Hat stand, DW 9000 Snare stand.
    Sabian Xs20 cymbals: 16 & 18 crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 8 splash, 18 china.
    Zildjian cymbals: 21 ride, 15 hats. All '70's era.

User Info Menu

UPDATE: All ticket purchasers received the new JBJ CD in the mail about a week before the show....................it's not bad; not great.
    Went to the concert last night:
    JBJ's voice isn't as strong as it used to be................he actually ages like the rest of us;
    I recognized about 20% of the music -- I guess I don't keep up like I used to -- but the crowd was liking it, so..............
    The sound system was too small for the big arena.............all you could hear of the drums was a big boomy bass and snare.............hats and ride was nonexistent;
    The band played good, not great;
    The most impressive component of the night was the lighting system...............very good.
    Of all the concerts I've seen in my life, this one will go in the file of forgettable.
    And these days, concerts are expensive.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Of all the concerts I've seen in my life, this one will go in the file of forgettable.
    This is why it has been a long time since I've shelled out any $$ to go to a concert.

User Info Menu

What's a concert?
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

i like Tico he seems like a pretty level headed, under the radar kind of person.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    UPDATE: All ticket purchasers received the new JBJ CD in the mail about a week before the show....................it's not bad; not great.
    Went to the concert last night:
    JBJ's voice isn't as strong as it used to be................he actually ages like the rest of us;
    I recognized about 20% of the music -- I guess I don't keep up like I used to -- but the crowd was liking it, so..............
    The sound system was too small for the big arena.............all you could hear of the drums was a big boomy bass and snare.............hats and ride was nonexistent;
    The band played good, not great;
    The most impressive component of the night was the lighting system...............very good.
    Don’t even get me started about concert prices. The cheapest Metallica tickets were $167, and the cheapest Slayer tickets were $39 here. For me though, price isn’t an issue. I want to see all these guys before they’re dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Too bad about the sound. I've noticed recently, that the new trend seems to be, remove all the cymbals out of the mix. I saw the Motley Crue/ Alice Cooper show and Coopers sound was great, but, Crues sound guy didn't like the cymbals. They were non existant.
    1976 Tama Imperialstar Saturn 12+1 Platina6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16 concert toms, 16, 18 floor toms, 2-22x18 Bass drums.
    1971 5x14 Ludwig acrolite snare
    Tama metalworks snare 13x6
    DW collectors Maple Blue Glass7x8, 8x10, 9x12 rack toms, 11x14, 13x16 hanging toms, 18x23 bass, 8 and 12 timbale toms, 5.5x10 Ten and Six All Maple snare, 5.5x14 Supersolid snare, DW 9000 rack system, DW 5002 Double bass pedal, DW 5000 Hi-Hat stand, DW 9000 Snare stand.
    Sabian Xs20 cymbals: 16 & 18 crash, 20 ride, 14 hats, 8 splash, 18 china.
    Zildjian cymbals: 21 ride, 15 hats. All '70's era.

User Info Menu

Last show I went and saw was Blue Oyster Cult and that was several years ago.. I saw Bon Jovi when they were just starting out back in like 85 at the Texas Jam and they weren't bad. I got a friend who just paid 300 bucks for two tickets to go see Baby Metal.. but he's a fanatic.. I tease him a lot about that!
    I had a lot of time to think it over lying in this hospital bed...
    I monkeyed with another monkey's monkey
    And her gorilla whupped upon my head!~Johnny Paycheck

User Info Menu

Kinda funny. In this whole thread, I didn't see one act named that I would even cross the street to see with free tickets! LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

Not a Bon Jovi fan, but, Torres is a solid drummer and fits the band.