Thread: Tom groove YouTube lesson

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

Default Tom groove YouTube lesson

Here is a quick video I made on tom grooves... Still playing around with mixing techniques and figured it would be a good way to hit them lots. I also have a new push to talk button for my mic which will save me a ton of time in future videos.

Nothing too advanced here but a fun way to experiment with grooves you already know how to play.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Tom groove YouTube lesson

Hey man great video, I just subscribed. Every time I hear these tom beats I think of Disturbed’s 10000 fists
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Sounds great, floor tom rings a lil too much when your trying to talk but it may be because you did not have your hand in the middle of it to kill the overtone before talking. Great video and I learned a cool tom beat, I like the way you presented it and demonstrated it, I subscribed as well.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Reminds me of Sepultura haha. I didn't notice any floor tom ring i'll have to check later and turn up the volume. I mixed it on my KRK monitors but had the volume way down so that could be why.

I find making these is good for me because I HATE talking to the camera. It's crazy how nervous I get and stupid I feel doing this in my basement alone. Nice to get out of the comfort zone.

User Info Menu

I love that Holy China!

User Info Menu

It's the best china I have ever played. The tone is a bit darker than I was used to at first and I was worried, but it grew on me. And it is FREAKING LOUD!!!!!! The holes make the attack very quick too. but I have to hold back on it sometimes, I'm talking piercing loud if you lay into it. haha

User Info Menu

Love that beat! Very effective!

User Info Menu

Great lesson!! Congrats

User Info Menu

Very nicely done. I enjoyed that.

User Info Menu

Awesome. I always enjoy your lessons.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham