Thread: My Yamaha Maple Custom vintage natural kit update

User Info Menu

Default My Yamaha Maple Custom vintage natural kit update

Here's just a video of me upgrading and putting my Yamaha maple Custom drums back together. With my PorkPie kit and my PDP I don't give my poor Yami's enough loving! Time to change that!

Last edited by SpazApproved; 03-26-2018 at 06:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: My Yamaha Maple Custom vintage natural kit update

Well Spaz, you have just confirmed what I've been thinking for the last couple of years.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

Obbity....uh speechless. Shakes the shock.....

Man that 12" snare pops.

I absolutely love your toms. You played them perfectly. Each one got better as you struck them by the size......oh MAN. I think I'm going to have to try some coated heads on my Oaks. Were those single or two ply?

I just love your entire kit. All of it. So much that if it ever needs another place to hang out, come on down....leave it for a spell. Come get it anytime.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Nice! Those drums sound great! Love the sound of Yamaha drums ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Well Spaz, you have just confirmed what I've been thinking for the last couple of years.
    That you should trade in your Ludwigs for Yamahas?! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Obbity....uh speechless. Shakes the shock.....

Man that 12" snare pops.

I absolutely love your toms. You played them perfectly. Each one got better as you struck them by the size......oh MAN. I think I'm going to have to try some coated heads on my Oaks. Were those single or two ply?

I just love your entire kit. All of it. So much that if it ever needs another place to hang out, come on down....leave it for a spell. Come get it anytime.
    They are Evans G2s actually. I swear this kit just tunes itself. It's seriously effortless to make everything sound great.
    On Thursday when I go back to the music store I'll pick up two more snare heads so I can change out the new snares.
    I really want to swap out the 12" but it sounds sooooooo awesome I don't want to chance anything so I'll leave that one with the ebony head.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post

They are Evans G2s actually.
    Figures. Went through my heads last weekend and found a complete 7pc set of G1s. SMH & LOLz.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

What is the C shaped cymbal above your 14" FT? I have never seen anything like it.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    What is the C shaped cymbal above your 14" FT? I have never seen anything like it.
    That is a Sabian signature series, Tony Verderosa, V-Wave.
    I had a lot of requests for sound clips and I'll take one tonight.

I explain it like this... it's a cross breed between a ride cymbal bell and an Ice bell...
    I heard it at a drum clinic one year and HAD to have it.
    Since I work at a music store, I called Sabian directly. They said it was discontinued.
    They then called me back a couple days later and said they found the last one. So I bought it.