Thread: Rounding Hoops that are out of round.

User Info Menu

Default Rounding Hoops that are out of round.

I wish i could have pulled these out of the box and just installed them but they needed some minor tweaking.
    So yes this method will work with die cast as it does with flanged hoops.

Last edited by SpazApproved; 04-03-2018 at 07:40 PM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rounding Hoops that are out of round.

Spaz, that link takes me to a "Create a channel" page. I was looking forward to watching someone squishing rims for a while...

User Info Menu

jesus finally someone speaks up to tell me the link doesn't work?!?!

NO ONE BOTHERED TO TELL ME THIS ENTIRE TIME?! and here I thought we were all family at Drumchat.
    I've been thinking no one cares anymore cause i see people view the thread and no one responded lol

Thanks guys

User Info Menu

I had an authentic Gretsch die cast hoop for a snare drum. It got out of round somehow, probably got dropped or something. I never could get it to work right. I knew of no technique to solve this at the time so I put it away and now just use a 2.3 mm triple flange hoop instead.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I expected to see you squishing the area that is too big. But if it's not that condition it probably wasn't welded right and doesn't have enough material to be big enough.
    Back to the seller. I hope those weren't from any of the upper echelon companies.

User Info Menu

For what die cast cost, they should be dead-on round.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham